• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, will post but won't load OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solo

I have a:

DFI nf4 Ultra-D
2x 512mb Gskill F1
A64 3000+ Venice

I've used this rig for a while, and i recently put in a WC system. That's when all the problems started. It wouldn't boot for a while, so I ended up replacing the RAM. It booted fine, but when I try to load windows, it will go halfway into the loading screen, and then crash.

However, it will load safe mode. So I did a clean install, and whenever i have to reboot when loading drivers and such, it does the same exact thing. I can't load windows :( By the way, my HDD is a 36gb raptor

thanks! any help is appreciated

running it now

edit: finished without any problems

Last edited:
Sounds like a more typical majorly unstable OC, a RAM configuration problem or incompatible RAM.

solo said:
I have a:

DFI nf4 Ultra-D
2x 512mb Gskill F1
A64 3000+ Venice

I've used this rig for a while, and i recently put in a WC system. That's when all the problems started. It wouldn't boot for a while, so I ended up replacing the RAM. It booted fine, but when I try to load windows, it will go halfway into the loading screen, and then crash.

However, it will load safe mode. So I did a clean install, and whenever i have to reboot when loading drivers and such, it does the same exact thing. I can't load windows :( By the way, my HDD is a 36gb raptor

thanks! any help is appreciated
Have you tried it with everything at stock?

Back