• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Madden NFL 07 for pc - as good as xbox 360?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zewt

I know that with NHL 07 they didn't port all the new features to the pc version. I was wondering if it was the same situation with the pc version of Madden NFL 07. Simplified, I am just wondering if it looks and plays the same as the xbox 360 version. Ty

The PC version of Madden has NEVER been the same as the console version. It's always a year behind. When the PS2 version of madden came out in 2000... the 2001 PC version was actually from the year before.

So no.

rainless said:
The PC version of Madden has NEVER been the same as the console version. It's always a year behind. When the PS2 version of madden came out in 2000... the 2001 PC version was actually from the year before.

So no.

For that matter, the intense 3D engine that was used for the consoles in 2001 was not used for the PC till 2003. I also heard on a TV gaming show that the PC version was not as up-to-date as the 2007 console versions.

Dont know about consoles, cuz I wont buy one. But this years madden is the best in a long time for PC.

And About playing alone, cant you buy another controller for your PC just like you can for a console?

Neur0mancer said:
Dont know about consoles, cuz I wont buy one. But this years madden is the best in a long time for PC.

And About playing alone, cant you buy another controller for your PC just like you can for a console?

Absolutely...ahh the wonders of USB. :beer: Question...Do they allow roster updates thru Xbox Live or Sony Online for the consoles? I have always found this to be a plus for PC's. For instance, the whole Ricky Williams ordeal was fixed by an EA update that made Ronnie Brown the starter for the Dolphins. Was this change made for the consoles by way of update or flash media upload, or something? Or is this a "fresh" feature for consoles today?

Actually roster updates have always been available at Gamefaqs.com.

You just need a Codebreaker... or action replay... or similar device to transfer the info from your computer to your console via FTP or USB flash device.

rainless said:

So no.

I agree 100% with Rainman and will also add that the controlls on the PC version have always been ultra crappy too, even with one of those PS2 style USB controllers.

FudgeNuggets said:
I agree 100% with Rainman and will also add that the controlls on the PC version have always been ultra crappy too, even with one of those PS2 style USB controllers.

I've found the Logitechs to be adequate. Interesting that this is the brand EA recommends. Either way, my luck's been good with them.

Back