• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Notebook Harddrive Temperature of concern?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman_SCO

What do you think is a high notebook hdd temperature?

My notebook hdd's are 47C and 44C. Seem hot. Think they will be ok? My room is a cold 21C.

hmmm... interesting... mine runs 34-40c though they should work just fine 40-50c

That woulden't happen to be the laptop in your sig?
where would the hd's be in relation to that hot p4?

Thanks for the info. Interesting to see other notebook harddisk temperatures.

One HDD is located under the touchpad and the other is located centre-right under the enter key.

Cpu is a cool one. 553Mhz bus, mobile throttle at 1.6Ghz, 40idle, 52~load(fan comes on @ 50C) which is above left of keyboard.

But the HDD's are only 4200rpm's. I feel they are quite high.

I suppose it depends on ventilation of the harddrives really. The notebooks I have seen have near no ventilation for HDD's, not even a vent.

I see you have a 34-40 reading. Any additional cooling setup?

The laptop in my sig has the cpu in the upper left of the laptop, gpu in the upper right and the hard drive in the middle right of the laptop.

The case around it never gets warm, even under full load. Temps range from 29-45C (depending on my ambient here in Irvine)

=D

Back