• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata problem help help help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kdrifter4402

Registered
I got this 160 gb sata hard drive about 1 month ago

When I went to install windows on it via the windows cd it would not find the drive.

I was able to load windows to the drive from my scsi drive with the maxtor software. The scsi drive was the device i booted from and the untilty let me copy the drive to the sata.

I need to repair windows a few times but the windows cd would not find the drive even after windows was working on the drive,

Now I need to format and load windows again on to the sata and I put the SCSI drive back in the computer to boot from that and reload the sata drive but windows dont find the SATA drive now.

What is the deal with the POS????????

I did reload a new copy of windows onto the scsi before this

You probably need drivers for your SATA controller. If it does RAID as well, make sure you're using the drivers for IDE use and not RAID. Make a floppy with the drivers and do the F6 thing during Windows install.

Where do I find the drivers to load onto the floppy during windows install. Asus website only has **** for linux

I installed a new copy of windows on my scsi drive

Im running a scsi drive my sata drive its plugged in to but windows wont find it. Under device manager the is a lot of stuff that is not working...

Pci device
raid controller
system interupt controller
uknown device

It wont find the drivers

any one know what to do????

Im not a noob. They install fine.. the sata controller driver or the actual drives are not stable with the raid..
Who's addressing you? I'm talking to the OP.

kdrifter,

What mobo? I'm certain there are drivers for it and are necessary as shown by the ?'s in Device Manager. No CD came with the mobo?, should be drivers on it, but I'd get the newest from Asus' site.

I cant find the cd that came with it. The motherboard is Asus A8V-VM. I keep thinking im missing a chipset driver but I cant find it on thier website

You're right, Asus doesn't list any, but they should. Anyway, you have a Via chipset, so here's a link to the SATA/RAID driver: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1180&SubCatID=167

Unpack it in Windows since you're running in it and click "setup". Or if you need drivers on a floppy go in the folder you unpacked it and copy the files from VIA_RAID_V530C\drvdisk\AMD64\2003x64 and that should be good for a fresh install.

Back