• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook Express Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boris_37

Okay since i am sort of far away to look at it, i thought i would see if anyone more experienced knows what the problem is. here goes:

My father recently had his computer update to a new version of outlook (V11.0.5510.0) and many of his old emails are gone. He also has problems that any e-mails he recieves do not include a body(of text or anything). Also when he tries to synchronize his blackberry it tells him that it is doing it, but nothing seems to happen.

His calenders and everything are also missing, nothing can be found. I want to know if someone knows what might be happening or where we could navigate to find all of the old information(assuming it is still stored on his pc).

Never using excell i have no experience with this so i cannot comment. Thanks in advance for any help.

Just so there's no confusion, v. 11.0.5510.0 refers to Outlook 2003. You may want to have a mod change your thread title to reflect Outlook 2003 and not Outlook Express... and also to have this moved to the "Microsoft based applications" forum.

Which version of OL did he upgrade from, and which OS is he running?

sorry lol, ya he was on outlook 2000, now on 2003.

sorry for the confusion, i hate not being in front of someones pc trying to do this, makes it so much harder, so redduc any ideas?

If your Dad has Norton's Internet Security installed, it could possibly be the cause of stripping the message body. If he doesn't have Norton installed, then you might have him try creating a new profile and adding his email account to it.

Also have him disable the email scanning feature in his anti-virus software (for example, in AVG uncheck Certify under the email scanning settings, or in McAfee Security Center... disable scanning of incoming and outgoing messages.) He'll still be protected by it's other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages he's already received though can't be repaired.
Also when he tries to synchronize his blackberry it tells him that it is doing it, but nothing seems to happen.
Do you know if your Dad has the PIM set to "Outlook"? He may also want to check out the RIM support page...

http://www.blackberry.com/support/downloads/index.shtml

Last edited:
Back