• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My opty 170 3dmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTree

Hey guys just got my opty 170 yesterday. Stepping CCBWE 0546MPM.

After I installed the CPU + heatsink for some reason the MB does not get a fan speed reading from my new heatsink fan. It is spinning like it should but on booting the computer gets angry saying "Warning very low fan rpm or no cpu fan detected" and PC Probe II detects the same Zero fan speed.

I quadruple checked the connector on the MB, all pins are there and the fan connector looks to be ok. Maybe it is related, maybe not.

Thanks a ton for taking the time to read all this guys.

*edit* Changed content becuase I was incorrect with my previous statement but this problem is still weird imo.

Last edited:
How many wires are attached to the CPU fan connector? If its only two, it won't measure the fan RPM. If its three, check to see if the CPU fan is plugged into the right header.

Personally, I turn off the CPU fan RPM sensor in the BIOS to reduce the load on the chipset for better OC'ing.

Yes Bios is newest version and it is most definitely a 3 pin connector.

I guess its not too much to worry about so long as the fan stays on.

Back