• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After OCing my e6400/965p-S3 via BIOS, I have to reinstall GPU & xfi drivers, bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

After OCing my e6400/965p-S3 via BIOS, I have to reinstall GPU & xfi drivers, bad?

Is that normal or is that a bad thing?

After OCing the CPU via the BIOS (currently at 375x8), I have to reinstall the GPU and Xfi drivers. If I don't resintall the GPU drivers, my 3dmark06 is down by about a 1000 points, and as for the sound, it won't even recognize the previous installation.

Is this just some weird BIOS/pci ~ pcie16 thing?

I've heard of issues of the XFI with the DQ6 but no the DS/S3..do you have the latest bios?

Hows your temps?

attachment.php

One core hit 66c while running 3dmark06

I THINK this app takes the temp. from the core though, and not from the IHS. Are these temps OK?

My BIOS is the F5 BIOS, wasn't sure if updating it would help.

Just checked, the latest BIOS is the F6 BIOS and it's to enable support for the quad-core CPUs. :)

66C is a bit hot, do you have thermal throttling enabled in the bios? If so, do as greenmaji said, "Go until it throttles"...

Update the bios, sometimes they fix more than they officially say.

Shelnutt2 said:
66C is a bit hot, do you have thermal throttling enabled in the bios? If so, do as greenmaji said, "Go until it throttles"...

Update the bios, sometimes they fix more than they officially say.

It's set to throttle/warn at 70c but I'll look more into the setting. :)

Back