• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1800gto ppd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the garynator

Chief folding_monkey
I need to know what kinda ppd an x1800gto would put out. would be running @ 700/1200ish. If someone could give me an estimate I'd Greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
-Gary

the gpu folding only currently supports x19++ graphics cards i'm afraid

Quote from stanford FAQ

Will X1800 cards will be supported in the new client as well? What about any other ATI models (i.e. X1600 cards/RV530)?
At first, we will launch with support for X1900 cards only. X1800 cards do not provide the performance needed. These cards are actually quite different -- they have different processors (R520, R530 vs. the R580 [in the X1900 series]). The R580 makes a huge difference in performance -- its 48 pixel shaders are key, as we use pixel shaders for our computations. However, we are working to get reasonable performance from the X1800 cards (1/2 to 1/3 of the X1900) and we will likely support them soon (hopefully 1 month after the initial beta test roll out).

Back