• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Notebook card reader

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chubchubcullen

I have a Gateway 3520GZ with a built in sd/mmc card reader. My card reader doesn't detect my sd card when I put it in. It worked when i first bought it almost 2 years ago but it stopped working like a year ago.. so i guess it some sore of software/registry conflict? anyone have any ideas?

Does the device still show up in My computer window? You could try uninstalling driver and reinstalling them or updating.

meionm said:
Does the device still show up in My computer window? You could try uninstalling driver and reinstalling them or updating.

Yeah it shows up, i tried updating the drivers.. didnt help. Im gonna uninstall and reinstall later tonight to see what happens.

I have a new Dell E1705 which somtimes reads my cards instantly, sometimes it doesnt.

If I blow on the reader and put my card in it might work
If I put the card in and reboot it might work,
and hey, if I plug it in it MIGHT work.

I tried drivers, diagnostics, etc.

Maybe maybe it will work.

I know pre-SP2 when you plugged in an external Storage device and lets say you had 2HDs and 1 CD-ROM, or the other away around and it was taking up E, the external storage would not show up. I would un-install the device via device manager and re-installing using the gateway driver.

Xtreme Barton said:
and make sure you are all up to date with xp :D

I'm really hesitant to update my windows.. ive had auto updates turned off for the longest time. im scared certain updates will slow down my system.

chubchubcullen said:
I'm really hesitant to update my windows.. ive had auto updates turned off for the longest time. im scared certain updates will slow down my system.

i highly doubt it

Back