• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP doesn't recognize 3Com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuietIce

Disabled
I have a 3Com XL 10/100 PCI card (old) that I've used for quite some time on my second computer. 2 days ago I decided to install a Linksys wireless card and had no luck at all getting that to work (and I still don't know why). Anyway, I took the Linksys card out and reinstalled the 3Com card, which XP recognizes under Hardware/Device Manager. Also, the Linksys router sees the card b/c the light on the router comes on when the network cable is plugged in. Now we're to the rub -

When I try to create a network connection XP Connection Wizard tells me I need to install a network card. I tried doing a manual connection but can't find the correct screen (just haven't messed with XP enough - if this were 95/98/ME it would be simple!). I've set the computer name and workgroup (under System/Properties) to match my VPN but XP simply will not connect. None of my programs sees a connection either. I'm at a loss ... any suggestions???

Last edited:
Back