• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KK266 Help - Can't change values in Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeplin

Can't change any values in Bios. So can't change the Non-flash value to re-flash the bios. Can enter the bios and go to "Advanced Chipset" or "Iwill smart setting" ect but non of the fields are highlighted so can't select anything to change. Anyone have any ideas?

Which BIOS version do you have (what is the date of the current BIOS)? You can find the BIOS date at the top of the first screen during POST. Even though the BIOS option for changing from "Non-Flashable" to "Flashable" is not available in your case, you should still be able to flash without a problem (the first time I flashed, I forgot to set the option to "Flashable" and it flashed anyway. I've used just about every official and modded BIOS available for the KK266-R and never reset the default option of "Non-Flashable").

The following site will explain in detail the steps involved in flashing (there are a couple of different options). This site also includes official and modded BIOS's available for download...

http://www.x-faqtor.com/kk266faqbios.htm

I don't remember hearing of anyone ever having a problem with all the BIOS options being greyed out, but I guess it's possible. Could you also supply us with your system specs, they could be helpful in trying to find a solution to your problem.;)

Last edited:
Problem fixed

Everything ok now. Just cleared the Bios and it solved the problem, didn't think doing that would help but figured I didn't have much to lose. Was trying to close the L1 bridges on the processor and might not of got all them closed right. Removed processor and redid the bridges, then cleared the Bios with the jumper and everything worked and processor is unlocked. Scary feeling when you can't change any values in bios. :))

Back