• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of a modded watercooled XBox360 - thought it looked cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No. But at least it's kinda quiet now. 360 is so annoying, especially when the DVD rom drive is reading and when it accesses the HD.

Niku-Sama said:
about the over clocking, i feel its only a matter of time
Overclocking a 360 could be very useful.

The GPU is clocked at 500mhz... and should be scalable to 600-700mhz just like the X1900 GPU with some big air and proably could hit 820+mhz with phaze.
The CPU however... I have no clue, it's basically a regular Xeon, revamped with a third core and a new L2 memory architecture.
It should be able to hit 3.6Ghz... with some big air or liquid cooling, 4+Ghz with phaze. :drool:

mmm.... think of it... If M$ released an overclocking kit(which I'd soo buy) people could pwn PS3 with a tiny overclock, and actually run games smoothly at 1080p with those crazy graphics we like to drool over.

Hell... they should release a whole slew of 360 mod kits and make the 360 capture everyone out there that likes to pimp-out their rig.

Shell said:
Overclocking a 360 could be very useful.

The GPU is clocked at 500mhz... and should be scalable to 600-700mhz just like the X1900 GPU with some big air and proably could hit 820+mhz with phaze.
The CPU however... I have no clue, it's basically a regular Xeon, revamped with a third core and a new L2 memory architecture.
It should be able to hit 3.6Ghz... with some big air or liquid cooling, 4+Ghz with phaze. :drool:

mmm.... think of it... If M$ released an overclocking kit(which I'd soo buy) people could pwn PS3 with a tiny overclock, and actually run games smoothly at 1080p with those crazy graphics we like to drool over.

Hell... they should release a whole slew of 360 mod kits and make the 360 capture everyone out there that likes to pimp-out their rig.

I don`t think that parents would throw money at their kids to do this, would of course just be an entuisist market.

As for OC`ing the thing, someone would have to develop the software to do it I am guessing. Could be a market for this, though you would have to advertise like a mother to get a fan base going.

As for the PS3, the same thing could be done, honestly I do not know much `bout the internals of either system, but if there is a will (and a deep wallet) there is way.

OCing the box wouldn't do much good really. Considering that most games are programed for the 60FPS area. Some i heard could use a boost but overall you'll see really no gain from OCing it that is.

Watercooling it is a sweet idea though :)

That 360 lappy is gonna be overheating :p

But would completely pwn at a lanparty :D

As for the w/c in general on a console, pointless but cool. Might as well strap a SS to it ;)

WaTTz said:
That 360 lappy is gonna be overheating :p

But would completely pwn at a lanparty :D

As for the w/c in general on a console, pointless but cool. Might as well strap a SS to it ;)

it won't overheat. That guy is a master. There aren't many people that could do what he does and there are even few willing to waste their time trying, lol.

Back