• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temp issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gnomeofdeath

Yo-

I am not happy with my current CPU tempature. I am running an Athlon64 3700 socket754 with a Zalman CNPS7000 heatsink and fan. My idle temps are around 44-45C and under load it jumps to 63-64C. I have installed the CPU cooler properly, using arctic silver 5, cleaned the cooler and CPU, applied the thermal paste per instuctions using a small grain of rice for the amount and rotated the cooler over the socket to clear out any air bubbles. I am still having what I think are heat issues ( a friend told me I was crazy, that these temps are normal). AM I LOCO? I have 5 case fans, all of which are running, the case temp reaches about 32C. So is this normal or am I installing the cooler wrong? Also does anyone use the same CPU and what are your temps?

Thanks guys.

:welcome:

I have a 3700+ for socket 939 with a Zlaman CNPS9500 and my temps are 38 at idle and high 40's at load. On a really hot day at max overclock running Prime95 it might hit 52. Right now I am running SETI@Home @2.8 GHz and it is at 44.

63 is too hot by about 10 deg. Check that the Zalman is running at full speed and that it is screwed down snugly.

My socket 939 3700+ idles at 32-33 and hits about 38 underload. This is with it OC'd right now to 2.6ghz. And stock cooler.

gnomeofdeath said:
Yo-

I am not happy with my current CPU tempature. I am running an Athlon64 3700 socket754 with a Zalman CNPS7000 heatsink and fan. My idle temps are around 44-45C and under load it jumps to 63-64C. I have installed the CPU cooler properly, using arctic silver 5, cleaned the cooler and CPU, applied the thermal paste per instuctions using a small grain of rice for the amount and rotated the cooler over the socket to clear out any air bubbles. I am still having what I think are heat issues ( a friend told me I was crazy, that these temps are normal). AM I LOCO? I have 5 case fans, all of which are running, the case temp reaches about 32C. So is this normal or am I installing the cooler wrong? Also does anyone use the same CPU and what are your temps?

Thanks guys.
Is your system overclocked ?

Back