• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I've got a rant about all the new video game systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
So, I've never really seen why everyone wants to rush out the day they come out, wait in line for 8 hours, and pay a gob load of money for one of these. I mean, haven't people seen from the past how glitchy these early revisions are? Every new system seems to have a buttload of problems with the early models, yer basically just screwing yourself out of money and time by getting one in the first month or so it's out. That, and with all the crazy demand, it prompts people to go in there, buy a couple, then turn around and sell them on eBay, which just inflates the price even more for someone that really does want one. It just seems like a huge scam to me, especially the fact that most people that one them now, are gonna be shipping them back in a few months when the Sony and Nintendo release their recall list. /end of rant

Don't complain. It is their money, they can do what they want. It is a new product, there is always buzz for a new product. Especially one that takes a few years and has a huge fan base like nintendo and sony, if anything but what happened occurred then I would be shocked.

It's business at it's finest. Create an item- hype it a bit- convince the masses the need the item- then make as much money as humanly possible off the utter stupidity of the general public. I can't fault the people that buy them and Ebay them for 5x-10x their retail price, they're just being good entrepreneurs. The sad fact of the matter is, as people in general get "smarter", their level of common sense drops exponentially, and things like this are evidence of the deeper issue at hand.

ghost_recon88 said:
I mean, haven't people seen from the past how glitchy these early revisions are? Every new system seems to have a buttload of problems with the early models, yer basically just screwing yourself out of money and time by getting one in the first month or so it's out.

Stereotyping. Sony and Microsoft have bad first revisions, because they try to cram as much BS into a game system as they can, in as little time as they can. Nintendo, on the other hand, has a very good record. They take the same time that Sony and Microsoft does, and make a game system. Not a game/multimedia/etc system.

Midnight Dream said:
Stereotyping. Sony and Microsoft have bad first revisions, because they try to cram as much BS into a game system as they can, in as little time as they can. Nintendo, on the other hand, has a very good record. They take the same time that Sony and Microsoft does, and make a game system. Not a game/multimedia/etc system.

yup, i agree.

though, nintendo HAS had its share of revision changes. the original Gamecube had something on it, that was later taken off of the newer models. though, i forget WHAT it is. I still have my gamecube that i bought on release day when it came out. and it still works PERFECTLY!. has NEVER had a hiccup, NEVER had a problem with a game at all.

and given that i'v NEVER had a problem with a nintendo product that i'v bought on a release day, they have convinced me to buy their stuff on release day. not due to hype, or marketing or any of that Bull. But because they have pumped out products that work, and still work 20+ years later.

though, i wouldn't trust buying a PS3 right now, even if i was as rich as bill gates.

zexmarquies01 said:
yup, i agree.

though, nintendo HAS had its share of revision changes. the original Gamecube had something on it, that was later taken off of the newer models. though, i forget WHAT it is. I still have my gamecube that i bought on release day when it came out. and it still works PERFECTLY!. has NEVER had a hiccup, NEVER had a problem with a game at all.

and given that i'v NEVER had a problem with a nintendo product that i'v bought on a release day, they have convinced me to buy their stuff on release day. not due to hype, or marketing or any of that Bull. But because they have pumped out products that work, and still work 20+ years later.

though, i wouldn't trust buying a PS3 right now, even if i was as rich as bill gates.

Exactly. That damn expensive HaloBox will stop working in a few years, but my old NES still works to this day and will work a few years from now. Why? Nintendo doesn't just care about turning a profit. They care about their customers, because they are gamers themselves! I haven't had a single problem or hiccup with my Wii so far. And the games that I've bought and have enjoyed so far, and from years ago has convinced me that Nintendo knows what they're doing and the fans love them for that. Nintendo isn't the underdog in gaming, they're the BIG dog. I don't think MS or Sony will ever be able to live up to what they've done for gaming.

ghost_recon88 said:
So, I've never really seen why everyone wants to rush out the day they come out, wait in line for 8 hours, and pay a gob load of money for one of these. I mean, haven't people seen from the past how glitchy these early revisions are? Every new system seems to have a buttload of problems with the early models, yer basically just screwing yourself out of money and time by getting one in the first month or so it's out. That, and with all the crazy demand, it prompts people to go in there, buy a couple, then turn around and sell them on eBay, which just inflates the price even more for someone that really does want one. It just seems like a huge scam to me, especially the fact that most people that one them now, are gonna be shipping them back in a few months when the Sony and Nintendo release their recall list. /end of rant

I gave up caring about this a long time ago. Yeah it's mildly retarded, especially paying way more money for something just to have it a week or two [or some other timeframe that people think matters] before everyone else. It's gotten to the point where you know what - whatever. Forget it, better things to worry about. People are just going to be people and are going to do what they want, and what makes them happy. Despite how much sense it makes to NOT do these things, it's going to happen because these people just flat.....don't...care...one...bit. "It r teh my monee! I r teh do what I want! we r in teh amerika! viva kapitleism! viva freedum!"

meh. At least they're happy being ginuea pigs.

ghost_recon88 said:

havent had ANY problems at all with my wii yet, and i waited 18 hours at walmart for it. Also, i know you never had, but surprisingly it was REALLY fun waiting there, met some cool people and had an overall pretty good day :)

Sorin said:
flat.....don't...care...one...bit. "It r teh my monee! I r teh do what I want! we r in teh amerika! viva kapitleism! viva freedum!"

meh. At least they're happy being ginuea pigs.

and you realize that is completly steryotypical, Egotistical ( because you seem to think your better than the ones who wait in line ), and just down right uncalled for.

First off, you see the lines in JAPAN. last time i checked Japan does not = America...or "amerika" as you put it.

And...why is it so bad to want something on release date. for those of us who play the games, its more of a trophie to us. the fact that we got what we wanted on the day it came out. ( at least, thats how it is for me and a friend of mine as well ). its less the idea of getting it, and more of the satisfaction that we put our time into getting it. ( uh...if that makes any sense..heh ).

sure, its GREAT getting things on release date. sometimes, your the only one who has one. friends are flocking to your house to play it. how is that bad?

And as noah said, waiting in lines isn't so bad. you get to meet alot of other gamers. some male, some ( VERY HOT ) females, interesting discussions arise, new friends are made. its not so bad really. i waited 5 hours at my local walmart. i talked to a few people in line for quite a while. Hell, i even talked to like a 10 - 13 year old kid ( dunno his actuall age, just a guess ). amazingly, that kid wasn't stupid. he knew wha the was talking about. i had fun talking to him. Along with the other guy near me, who was older. and a few girls in line as well.

that, and i got some good time into Final Fantasy 3 on the DS. :p

so sure, i may be a guinea pig. ( and that guinea pig wheel is fun as hell :D )

but what does that make you? someone who makes fun of everyone who wishes to get what they want on release date, has steryotypical views on people who buys stuff on release date ( but yet, is WAY off base ), bashes on an entire country, and an entire type of economics.....all because you think your opinion is more just and sound than everyone elses.

so again, i ask. what does that make you?

zexmarquies01 said:
and you realize that is completly steryotypical, Egotistical ( because you seem to think your better than the ones who wait in line ), and just down right uncalled for.

First off, you see the lines in JAPAN. last time i checked Japan does not = America...or "amerika" as you put it.

And...why is it so bad to want something on release date. for those of us who play the games, its more of a trophie to us. the fact that we got what we wanted on the day it came out. ( at least, thats how it is for me and a friend of mine as well ). its less the idea of getting it, and more of the satisfaction that we put our time into getting it. ( uh...if that makes any sense..heh ).

sure, its GREAT getting things on release date. sometimes, your the only one who has one. friends are flocking to your house to play it. how is that bad?

And as noah said, waiting in lines isn't so bad. you get to meet alot of other gamers. some male, some ( VERY HOT ) females, interesting discussions arise, new friends are made. its not so bad really. i waited 5 hours at my local walmart. i talked to a few people in line for quite a while. Hell, i even talked to like a 10 - 13 year old kid ( dunno his actuall age, just a guess ). amazingly, that kid wasn't stupid. he knew wha the was talking about. i had fun talking to him. Along with the other guy near me, who was older. and a few girls in line as well.

that, and i got some good time into Final Fantasy 3 on the DS. :p

so sure, i may be a guinea pig. ( and that guinea pig wheel is fun as hell :D )

but what does that make you? someone who makes fun of everyone who wishes to get what they want on release date, has steryotypical views on people who buys stuff on release date ( but yet, is WAY off base ), bashes on an entire country, and an entire type of economics.....all because you think your opinion is more just and sound than everyone elses.

so again, i ask. what does that make you?

Don't read too much into it.

As I said it my post, it makes me someone who really just doesn't care anymore. And I really don't care about the lines; it's pretty cool to see and read about.

In the end, again, I really don't care. If you're happy with what you're doing (you in the general sense, not you specifically), and I'm happy with what I'm doing, then that's all that counts. Your happy, I'm happy, we're all shiny happy people. That's all she wrote. C'est la vie. :thup:

"So, I've never really seen why everyone wants to" rant on something that has nothing to do with them. Glad you took the time to post up such a useful and compeling thread. Do you rant on like this about every new product that comes out to market that you don't immediately go out and buy? Are we going to start seeing you rant on about the new GE 945XE Dishwasher that uses Blu-Ray lasers to get rid of dry spots?

Midnight Dream said:

Give me a break. There were what, 2 reports of DOA PS3's on this forum and everyone jumped on them claiming they were pieces of crap. Then we had a couple of reports of Wii's dying and people were all saying how, oh its Nintendo sure a couple will die, it always happens with electronics.

MS had serious problems that were fixed with a bios flash (yeah, the red ring was NOT caused by overheating), but the PS3 seems to be doing fine with its hardware regardless of actually packing GOOD hardware into its system.

Its so typical that the diehard N-fanboys stick their heads in the sand when it comes to their hardwares short comings.

With head firmly placed in Nintendos butt:

No online with the Wii OR ever... "Not a big deal, I don't care"

No software to play DVDs when it has a damn DVD player... "I dun care I can buy a $30 DVD player"

Dead Wii... "it happens with all hardware, except MS and Sony, then its a problem"

Crappy launch titles... "Oh, it just launch we only hold it against MS and Sony that their launch titles weren't full of 10/10 titles"

Crappy cartrige loading system of NES that made carts not line up correctly and killed many, many NES... "never happened"

DS dead pixels... "only matters when it happens to the PSP"

Sub-standard hardware... "gfx don't matter just gameplay"

Tons of retread Mario/Metroid/Zelda/Pokemon games... "errr Nintendo is teh innovative"

GC disk read errors... "we won't comment on those"

$250 for something thats dirt cheap to make and only $50 less that a 360 with MUCH better, more expensive hardware... "dude, Wii is teh cheap, Nintendo is doing us all a favor by making the cheapest system"

Power glove, virtual boy, little NES robot guy, N64 memory upgrade, e-Reader, etc... "we won't bring those topics up"

Constant hardware revisions to improve sub-standard enginering to save a few penies. i.e. GBA with no backlight so we release the GBA SP, then the micro. i.e. clucnky poorly designed DS with poorly lit screen, we release the DS lite, and soon enough you can pay for the ability to browse the net and play video files... sort of like the standard PSP features. i.e. the Wii with a DVD player but not software, possibly the decoder so errrr Wii-DVD so you can rush out to buy the latest hardware version with features that it should have had right off the bat!... "dude, can't talk have to run out and buy the latest version of the SNES and re-buy all the SNES classics for it!!!" (SNES-->GBA-->GBA SP--->GBA Micro--->DS--->DS Lite--->Wii SNES virtual console).

Which of course leads to re-selling the classic games a million times over... "can't talk have to go buy Link to the Past on SNES, GBA and on the Wii now."

DS lite and Wii shortages since we have yet to see more than 20 units at major retailers and 10 at game stores vs. 10 and 10 for the PS3 that has massive shortages... "its not a shortage, Nintendo always delivers, MS and Sony fabricate shortages"

Taken individually they are digestable, taken as a whole its just pathetic. Nintendo BY FAR has the sickest fanboys.

I can also make a nice list for MS and Sony, but this isn't a rant against Nintendo, its against the fanboys who are so disgustingly pro-Nintendo that they can write off every mistake Nintedo has ever made while railing on MS and Sony for the same things and less.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

OC Noob said:
I can also make a nice list for MS and Sony, but this isn't a rant against Nintendo, its against the fanboys who are so disgustingly pro-Nintendo that they can write off every mistake Nintedo has ever made while railing on MS and Sony for the same things and less.
For some reason it definitely did feel like a rant against Nintendo. Although I do agree with your comments about fanboys (in general). People do judge the competition more than they judge their beloved brand.

I don't consider myself a fanboy of any kind, in fact I only own one console (an Xbox that never gets played), but I would have to say that I prefer Nintendo as a corporation over Sony and MS. Each do have their downfalls, but it ticks me off when anyone bashes any company for common place things that need improving (even your post got to me at first). If there is a need to judge systems and companies, then set a standard and judge them by it.. but my preference is to play whatever I enjoy, and just leave it at that.

i kinda agree with OCnoob.

although it partly IS a rant agenst nintendo, its more-so about the fanboys who try to stick up for everything nintnedo does.

nintendo has had their share of problems in the past as well.

but then again, how long has nintendo been making consoles now? over 20 years.

no company has ever had a perfect track record for 20+ years.

the fact that they have stayed dominant in their market for so long is astounding. And even if they didn't pull out in the front in the last-gen console war, They still pulled a profit and are doing fairly well for themselfs.

But as you said, a list could easily be made for Microsoft, as well as sony.

but you do seem to forget that, just because someone doesn't want online play, or honestly doesn't care about graphics, it doesn't instantly make them a fan-boy. it just means that they don't care about graphics or online play ( that or they DO care about it, but thats why they have over 2 - 3 grand put into their PC ).

i'm not a nintendo fanboy myself. I just think they are trying to go a different direction than Microsoft and sony. which i LIKE. I mean, everyone says that the wii is just a upgraded gamecube.

what does that make the PS3/Xbox360? what do they bring to the table? the same thing they brought last time. Graphics. thats ALL THEY HAVE. they have powerfull GPU's, and Great physics. thats IT.

they did nothing more than make a high-end PC, with all the components intigrated into the motherboard. All they really give you is a damn good PC that is portable, and hooks up to a TV.

Though i WILL admit, i'm a Final Fantasy 7 Fanboy. :p

And people accuse me of being an AMD fanboy. But thats not really true. The gamining community would lose ALOT if nintendo fell out.

nothing agenst the PS3 or Xbox360 or anything.

but its SONY and MICROSOFT! do you HONESTLY want them to have almost full controll of your entertainment? Look at the company's themselfs. look at their track record for how they deal with people.

Sony has Music, Movies, TV, Electronics and all that stuff.

Microsoft has windows wish is on 90% of all PC's in the world ( just a guess ). And they have consoles.

personally, i'd be scared to death to have those two as the only console makers left. cause at first it would be fine and dandy. but then, video gamining would crash and burn.

wow...i went WAY off topic there. haha. Its just my opinion. i just think that it would be a horrible tragedy if nintendo suddenly left. So, i root for nintendo. ( microsoft doesn't NEED any rooting, look at their wallets :p . And sony...they have done nothing but HURT their consumers in the past few years with their antics ).

OC Noob said:
Give me a break. There were what, 2 reports of DOA PS3's on this forum and everyone jumped on them claiming they were pieces of crap. Then we had a couple of reports of Wii's dying and people were all saying how, oh its Nintendo sure a couple will die, it always happens with electronics.

MS had serious problems that were fixed with a bios flash (yeah, the red ring was NOT caused by overheating), but the PS3 seems to be doing fine with its hardware regardless of actually packing GOOD hardware into its system.

Its so typical that the diehard N-fanboys stick their heads in the sand when it comes to their hardwares short comings.

No software to play DVDs when it has a damn DVD player... "I dun care I can buy a $30 DVD player"

Dead Wii... "it happens with all hardware, except MS and Sony, then its a problem"

Crappy launch titles... "Oh, it just launch we only hold it against MS and Sony that their launch titles weren't full of 10/10 titles"

Crappy cartrige loading system of NES that made carts not line up correctly and killed many, many NES... "never happened"

Tons of retread Mario/Metroid/Zelda/Pokemon games... "errr Nintendo is teh innovative"

$250 for something thats dirt cheap to make and only $50 less that a 360 with MUCH better, more expensive hardware... "dude, Wii is teh cheap, Nintendo is doing us all a favor by making the cheapest system"

Power glove, virtual boy, little NES robot guy, N64 memory upgrade, e-Reader, etc... "we won't bring those topics up"

Constant hardware revisions to improve sub-standard enginering to save a few penies. i.e. GBA with no backlight so we release the GBA SP, then the micro. i.e. clucnky poorly designed DS with poorly lit screen, we release the DS lite, and soon enough you can pay for the ability to browse the net and play video files... sort of like the standard PSP features. i.e. the Wii with a DVD player but not software, possibly the decoder so errrr Wii-DVD so you can rush out to buy the latest hardware version with features that it should have had right off the bat!... "dude, can't talk have to run out and buy the latest version of the SNES and re-buy all the SNES classics for it!!!" (SNES-->GBA-->GBA SP--->GBA Micro--->DS--->DS Lite--->Wii SNES virtual console).

Which of course leads to re-selling the classic games a million times over... "can't talk have to go buy Link to the Past on SNES, GBA and on the Wii now."

DS lite and Wii shortages since we have yet to see more than 20 units at major retailers and 10 at game stores vs. 10 and 10 for the PS3 that has massive shortages... "its not a shortage, Nintendo always delivers, MS and Sony fabricate shortages"

Taken individually they are digestable, taken as a whole its just pathetic. Nintendo BY FAR has the sickest fanboys.

I applaud you.

OC Noob said:

YES.

Someone had to say it.

let me disect a few things OCnoob said.

- I agree. nintendo SHOULD get some Online stuff going. would be nice. They can still have their " everyone in the same room " playing games. which is what their obviously trying to do. But online gaming won't hurt them by ANY means ( would actually help them ).

No software to play DVDs when it has a damn DVD player... "I dun care I can buy a $30 DVD player" - do YOU need your console to play DVD's? I myself have 2 stand-alone DVD players ( a regular one, and one that plays DIVX files ), a PS2, and my PC. thats not including all the other DVD players in this house. this is my room ALONE. Almost everyone has multiple DVD players in their house.

If i don't use my PS2 for DVD's, why would i want to use the wii for DVD's?

Dead Wii... "it happens with all hardware, except MS and Sony, then its a problem" - it DOES happen with all hardware. I have 2 logitech mice in my room, one is crapping out on me. But i have 2 mice, speakers, head-phones..etc..etc. only one of their items has had a problem.

Thing is, sony messed up on the SAME problem TWICE ( if you don't count multiple revisions ). the Laser. you'd think that after the FIRST time they encountered the problem, they'd fix it on the NEXT console.

Microsoft...they had their share of problems with the X-box. but the 360 seemed to have fixed those problems ( the lasers and such ). though the 360 had its share of problems, They fixed those too. and much quicker than sony did.

the GC and Wii have had quite a few less problems than MS and sony did. But they had their share. but then again, they fixed the problems too.

and Dead wii's are much less prevolent than dead PS1's and PS2's. why shouldn't sony get the flack for having a large number of their consoles being DOA, or dieing on the consumer within 3 months of purchase?

- MS/Sony did have crappy Release games too. and when their respective consoles have come out, people said the same thing. " these are launch titles, give the company some time the games will get MUCH better ".

i honestly can't recall people saying " ZOMG XBOX/XBOX360 SUXXX look at the gamez!!. ( well i CAN recall that, but those lines were said by trollers, who's opinions doesn't mean squat ). But any honest person said the same thing abou the PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox,Xbox360 as their saying about the wii.

Unless your browsing the Gamefaqs forums, i havn't seen to many ill-logical people around here.

- uh...hard for me to comment on that one. the NES came out in america a year after i was born. heh. though it has to count for SOMETHING that i have a NES in my room that still works. My friend has an NES that still works, and my half-brother has 3 NES's that still work.

- Did we ever get any info as to where nintendo got its LCD screens for the DS? If i remember right, wasn't sony getting their LCD screens for the PSP, from LCD makers, and they'd buy their scraps, causing more dead pixels than than there should have been? did that change, and sony get better LCD screens?

Dunno, i have a DS-lite, my sister has a regular DS, my friend has had a DS, and now has a DS lite, my brother has a DS, i havn't seen any dead pixels myslef.

i'm not saying they DIDN'T have dead pixels ( because i'm sure they did ), i just havn't seen it myself. though i HAVE seen dead pixels on quite a few PSP's. the PSP had a bigger problem with dead pixels, so they got hammered for it alot more.

- Check out alot of people's sigs. look at how much some of us have dropped for our PC's. Then ontop of that, we are supposted to drop another 400/500/600 so we can get good graphics on our TV's? AND have to drop the money for a HD-TV as well. ( if they doesn't already own one ).

have you seen some of the games people here are still playing? Look at all the " OMG!! I LOVE STARCRAFT " stuff around here. look at some of the games people are playing man! WoW is the most popular game on earth. But its graphics don't hold a drop of water compaired to the PS3/360. so explain why its so poplular. cause it OBVIOUSLY isn't the graphics. Dare i say it...it just may be the gameplay?

How many people here still pull out the SNES and play their Favorite games they played years ago? Quite alot. If graphics was the only important factor, most of us would have just sold / thrown away our old consoles, as ya know...gameplay isn't important and its all about the graphics.

Its funny, just over a year ago, people would look at the wii and say " WOW! thats friggin GOOD. Now suddenly everyone has a 360, and is like " OMG! IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP ". though they was just playing games that looked worse than that just over a year ago.

Tons of retread Mario/Metroid/Zelda/Pokemon games... "errr Nintendo is teh innovative" - Who ever said that Mario/Metroid/zelda/pokemon were the innovation? we are talking about their controller. a new way to play the games you mentioned. But we arn't saying the games themselfs are innovating. hell, i'v seen quite a few nintendoids say that the games are just re-hashes of nintendo's old games. But, those games are fun. people don't want a different style zelda. they want the zelda they played on the N64. if nintendo deviates from what nintendo fans want, the bitching never ends. ( look at Majora's mask ). if people WANT the same game over and over, why is it a bad thing to give them what they want? isn't that just smart buisness?

they are deviating from the normal " graphics = fun " mentality that has been force fed into every gamers head. Whats wrong with making a console that plays games? and try's to make it fun, and interesting, instead of the norm that we are used to?

sure the controller may not be the MOST innovative thing around. But can you HONESTLY say that a stronger GPU and physics processor is innovative by ANY means what-so-ever?

- no real comment on that one from me. i havn't had that happen myself. nor do i know anyone that it has happened to. though i'm sure it HAS happened. but it appears to be less wide-spread as the PS1 and PS2 disc read errors.

DS lite and Wii shortages since we have yet to see more than 20 units at major retailers and 10 at game stores vs. 10 and 10 for the PS3 that has massive shortages... "its not a shortage, Nintendo always delivers, MS and Sony fabricate shortages" - first off, most retailers got in 20+ wii's on launch day. every walmart was garanteed a minimum of 20 per store. the bigger stores had more than 20. some stores had 100 - 200 units.

the thing is, nintendo DID deliver more Wii's on launch day than the PS3. you CAN'T dispute that FACT. yeah, most game stores actually got in LESS wii's than walmart/Toys'R'us. But there was still around 4x the Wii's on launch date than the PS3. And the fact that i see stores getting in 1 or 2 more wii's every few days or so. ( our local gamestop in our mall, got 2 more Wii's the day after the launch, then another day later, they got in another couple wii's ). Sony simply ISN'T delivering the consoles that we demand.

PERSONALLY, i don't think MS or sony fabricated shortages. Their consoles just have more Guts to them. Which takes a longer time to make. That, and with sony having all its Blue-ray problems. its natural that sony Halfed their original numbers, then halfed that number AGAIN.

Microsoft came out with close to the same ammount as the wii with the 360. the 360 had just over 1.2 million on launch day. The wii was right around 1 million.

i kinda lost my train of thought on this one, and forgot where i was going with this as well....but nintendo DOES have a shortage of Wii's. but, they are releasing more units BEFORE christmas, and it seems like its on a constant basis as well. they ARE delivering to our demand. how is that fanboy talk? we had to wait till after christmas to get another shipment of 360's, and will have to wait till after christmas to get another shipment of PS3's. Nintendo are releasing them on a constant basis, and expect to pump out 4 million units by christmas. i don't see the problem in that. nintendo doesn't have a TRUE shortage. they just have a high demand. If 10 million want the wii, but only 8 milion are released, there is STILL a shortage. and nintendo has a better track record of staying of getting their numbers out, than sony and microsoft did and do.

thats not fanboyism talk there. thats just plain facts.

$250 for something thats dirt cheap to make and only $50 less that a 360 with MUCH better, more expensive hardware... "dude, Wii is teh cheap, Nintendo is doing us all a favor by making the cheapest system" - and ya realize that the 300 price tag for the 360 is their CORE model. how many people honestly WANT the core model? and those who DO get it, 90% end up buying the 100 dollar HDD. which brings us up to the 400 dollar price tag. AND they toss out their wired controllers, to get the wireless 360 controller as well.

even with the core model only, your paying 300 + 60 for a game. 360 dollars ( wow, what a coincidince, that the lowest price you can get a Xbox360 for with a game is 360 bucks :p ). Compaired to nintendo's 250+50 for a game = 300 bucks. Its still 60 bucks cheaper.

but again, with the premium 360 model, its 400 bucks + 60 for a game. minimum price jumps to 460 bucks. Or 300 core model + 100 HDD + 60 dollar game = 460 bucks. Sure, you don't NEED the HDD for the 360. But if you want backwards compatability, you need it. if you want to download demo's, you will need it. If you don't want to keep buying more and more memory cards, you will need it. There's a VERY small percentage of people who don't want/need the 360's HDD.

and i'm not even going to touch on the 500 and 600 price tag on the PS3...because the numbers speak for themselfs right there.

"dude, can't talk have to run out and buy the latest version of the SNES and re-buy all the SNES classics for it!!!" - do you honestly think sony or microsoft wouldn't do the exact same thing if they could do this as well? they would jump all over the idea of people RE-buying their old games! if they had a library that extends 20 years, and could be downloaded very quickly, and get payed for it, they'd jump ALL OVER IT.

sure, its kinda a gimmick. but then again, its great for the people who no longer own a NES/SNES/Genises/N64/TurboGrafx. They don't have to go out and re-buy the console ( even though it would be pretty cheap ). They don't have to go out and hunt through 4+ stores to find that ONE game they want. ( though, some games won't be released on the wii, due to copyrights ). they don't have to have 6 consoles hooked to their TV to play their favorite old-time games. its all in one console. Its made for ease of use. and its simplistic nature.

that, and its a genius buisness move. all they have to do is use some computers, convert the games to roms, and slap them online to download. And suddenly, the original mario game is pulling a profit once again.

hell, nintendo could have been Jerks, and FORCED us to use the Classic Wii controller. Luckely they was nice enough to let us continue using our old Gamecube controllers for the wii console.

and its not like they are FORCING you to buy the classic games either. its completly optional. if you have no interest in buying the original Zelda, or mario...you don't have to. its that simple.

Power glove, virtual boy, little NES robot guy, N64 memory upgrade, e-Reader, etc... "we won't bring those topics up" - Microsofts Windows Me, Sony's Betamax. your point? every manufacturer of every electronic item has a failure. and nintendo is no different than MS or sony. yeah, those items were flops. then again so was Window ME, and the betamax as well.

nintendo has had their share of flops too. happens to everyone. Einstein spent the last years of his life, working on the theory to everything. he didn't succeed either. ( yeah, i know there isn't a comparison of einstein to the wii, just using it as an example ).

ps. yeah, i know i kinda bashed sony a bit in this reply. But their on my Sh*t list right now. i want the PS3, i just hate sony.

and even though i agree that fanboyism isn't a good thing, and fanboys do tend to defend their favorite company WAY TO MUCH, i had to respond to your comments. i mean, how could i NOT comment on them? if i didn't do it, someone else would have. and its not like you expected your comments be un-replied to anyways. :p

PSS. i'm really sorry for the length of my reply. I just felt that, if i was going to comment on some of the things you said, i might as well comment on them all.

Last edited:
Back