• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OH MY GOD WHAT A DEAL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
oK GUYS i BOUGHT THIS LAST YEAR AT 749.00 IT CAN BE HAD NOW FOR 474.00

WHAT IS IT YOU ASK ? ?

Rca 52 inch HDTV rear projection Telivision.

The picture quality is so superior to any projection TV I have ever seen that it rates as close to LCD and Plasama as ANY Projection TV on the market..When I bought it there was a LCD right next to it,,50inch,,,And the differeces in picture where almst ZERO..Myself and another customer at the same instant said wtf the projection is the better buy and has almost the exact picture quality,, we both walked out with one..

I have had at least 30 people compliment how sharp,clear and perfect the images are on it,,I have several friends with Rear projection they paid 2 or 3 times more for tell me I suck because my picture is so much better then thers ! ! ! !

The key to this set is in it's multi picture settings,,any one ever see projection's that over do red's , or bright colors seam to blurr ? On this set when you get to picture menue set it to "Video game" and watch how perfect the picture is..Oh and I am not even running HDTV ,,Thats the kicker the picture as perfect as it is now is by S-Video because I do not have HDTV channels yet .....

highly recomend this set..NO way you can get as sharp a pic from ANY projction set and for $474..

Where to buy ? ? WALMART from 5 am till 11 am friday..if u get it and think the picture aint amazing contact me ill tel ya how to set it up..

No way am I waiting in line at Wal-Mart. I don't care what the deal is. That place is frickin' crazy tomorrow. I'm gonna try to get the 32" LCD for $480 at Best Buy. Better for my 360!

wow someone actually praising an RCA product, dont see that much;)

no way i will let my GF stand in line over at wally world, but there is a deal for a $500 37" lcd around here that she may have to get:)

cursor said:
No way am I waiting in line at Wal-Mart. I don't care what the deal is. That place is frickin' crazy tomorrow. I'm gonna try to get the 32" LCD for $480 at Best Buy. Better for my 360!

LOL Bestbuy by me they will start lining up at around 1am:eek:
It's the worst store Walmat is quite tame by comparison. You still got to wait in line 9am (last year) to get in to BB, dam

d94 said:
does it do 720p?

YES..It does what ever HD Tv will allow no diferent then any other HDTV set .. - 720p - 1080i or 1080p i forget which one but it does do 1080 :)

I have to work in the morning so I have my sis in law going to try and get one for me. I hope she get's it, I was looking at them at Wal Mart before and had considered paying full price, For less than $500 it's just to good to pass up.
Thanks for the heads up Diehrd!

ScottinIndy said:
I have to work in the morning so I have my sis in law going to try and get one for me. I hope she get's it, I was looking at them at Wal Mart before and had considered paying full price, For less than $500 it's just to good to pass up.
Thanks for the heads up Diehrd!

Your definatly welcome......BY The way,,The TV is not advertised in my local ad it is only shown on line as an in store special so not all shoppers can possibly know he deal even exists :)

diehrd said:
YES..It does what ever HD Tv will allow no diferent then any other HDTV set .. - 720p - 1080i or 1080p i forget which one but it does do 1080 :)

OK, careful here. I'm sure this is a decent set. But this quote is very misleading.

HDTV sets must display at least 720p resolution. This does not mean that all HDTV sets are capable of this - some can only do 1080i. Of course, some sets can do both, and some newer sets can also display 1080p. That said, I can't find a single site which lists the resolution of this set. At all. Anyone else have any luck?

My opinion: stay away from this set, unless you're just looking for a big-*** display to watch standard-definition content on. If you want an HDTV display, spend a few hundre more and future-proof your purchase.

Your definatly welcome......BY The way,,The TV is not advertised in my local ad it is only shown on line as an in store special so not all shoppers can possibly know he deal even exists

I think people will know.... I just saw the Walmart BF deal ad on tv and yes they did mention the TV

Hey Die, how's it going? Not to quash your find but...

this TV here: http://electronicsworldwide.stores.yahoo.net/rcad552diags.html

I'd be scared of this TV's specs too.... this is a quote: "Horizontal Resolution (Picture Width): 1097" :confused: .

480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p are vertical pixel numbers, not horizontal. Real horizontal HDTV pixel sizes are 1280 and 1920. At a 16x9 ratio, this would make it a 480p size, or an EDTV, not and HDTV. HDTV minimun specs are 1280x720 progressive. Most LCD HDTV's start at 1366x768 to help with video overscan.

Wasn't this RCA model made in the year 2000? No where does it even mention screen pixel depth, contrast ratios, or any specs that translate to picture quality. Plus the built in tuner is only NTSC, no digital over the air broadcasts. Plus it's 189 lbs??!?! Hell, I can't imagine the shipping costs. Let alone lugging it inside the house. :(

Also S-Video can't put out good video compared to component, digital coax, DVI or HDMI. Especially on projection systems. S-Video was a slight improvement over composite (single yellow video plug).

My suggestion would be to avoid this one. I know it sounds like a great deal, but looks can be deceiving.

- Blackstar

^^^^

You said it in a much friendlier manner than I did. :)

Sounds like this set isn't HDTV at all... and the specs posted earlier linking to a 1080i set are for a different TV altogether...

But if you've got a Wii... and want some big-screen gaming goodness.... :)

Yes stay away from CRT projection. I was going to get this till I found out it was CRT.

Back