• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dreamcast Emulation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainless

Old Member
So... somebody just reminded me of Virtua Tennis. And THAT reminded me of how fun it was to play... and also the fact that I still own the game.

I still own a dreamcast as well, but for some odd reason it has been eating discs (the discs scrape against the console for reasons that I don't understand.) Now if this is a taboo topic the mods can go ahead and delete it with my apologies, but I'd like to state that:

1. I own Virtua Tennis
2. I own a Dreamcast.
3. I got the dreamcast bios from my barely functional dreamcast.

But I can't figure out for the life of me how to get my games to work on my computer. I don't want to go through with copying them... and using daemon tools... and doing a little dance... and drinking a little water... I just want to play ONE GAME OF TENNIS (okay... I could probably do that now on the dreamcast, but I'd never be able to use that disc again.)

You can't use the DC disc on your computer as it is a GD-ROM, which is proprietary for the Dreamcast. I believe you need a special piece of hardware to rip the image to the HD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GD-ROM

Nevermind, wikipedia says

The most popular way to access data from GD-ROMs, however, is to use the Dreamcast itself as a drive, and copy the data to a computer by means of a "coder's cable".

Last edited:
Sorry brother, but I can't let this topic continue. Your best bet would be to try and find yourself a previously enjoyed Dreamcast, or see if you can repair your current Dreamcast.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back