• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini DVD's (-'s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
Ok I just bought a Canon DC100 Mini DVD camcorder from circuit city. This being my first experience with mini dvd's I've got a few q's. I know about the different formats, -/+'s. What do you use, R's or RW's? I'm leaning toward stocking up on rw's as they are like tapes right? Use over and over and over? I was checking newegg and saw these rw's and these r's. Anyone use any of those? IS there really a difference between different brand mini dvd's. I'm guessing not really.

Just overall any advice?

Thanks!

The only thing I know is don't put them in a slot loader DVD ROM drive
That ^^ might not seem constructive but if u tried it....

I would guess not really too. If a company makes a good reliable full size blank media then they should manage the mini ones too. RW disks do have a limited number or re writes just like a tape but its usually in the region of 10 of thousands of re writes if not normally 100 of thousands.

but the dvd wont go grainy/er wrinkly or have tracking issues.

aftermath said:
The only thing I know is don't put them in a slot loader DVD ROM drive
That ^^ might not seem constructive but if u tried it....

I would guess not really too. If a company makes a good reliable full size blank media then they should manage the mini ones too. RW disks do have a limited number or re writes just like a tape but its usually in the region of 10 of thousands of re writes if not normally 100 of thousands.

but the dvd wont go grainy/er wrinkly or have tracking issues.

Sounds like someone has tried that before:p.

Thanks for the info I'll keep it in mind. I'm going with the RW's then as they are only $1 more. Only think is they are 2x speed..not sure if that will make a difference.

Back