• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCIE Sound Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antioch

Does anyone know if there are any PCIE (good) sound cards on the market currently, or if there are any upcoming ones?

Thanks.

I was thinking about getting the X-Fi XtremeMusic but if theres a PCIE card I'd rather pick that one up instead.

AFAIK there really aren't any PCI-E sound cards available to the consumer market at this time. PCI (normal) and USB only right now.

Last edited:
I thought there were a couple cheapy ones in production, but a newegg/google search renders nothing. Basically there is no reason for a PCI-e sound card. The only thing that comes close to using the bandwidth is a video card.

Same reason why you don't see many SATA optical drives. They just don't need the bandwidth right now.

Not just a RAID card, if you have an extra PCIe slot and only 1 hdd, then one of those Aegia Physx cards. ya so, you see little to no performance now, but imagine in a year or two. Oh wait, by then they might have PCIe sound cards :)

No they were only pci at first, pci-e ones were/are supposed to come later, but I don't think they are out as they don't show up on froogle.

Back