• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crappy Socket A sempron!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skeith

I have been screwing around overclocking my sempron for the longest while. At first I was only able to reach 2016Mhz @ 1.808 Vcore. Its the 2500+ with a stock of 1743Mhz @ 1.6vcore

I put some small heatsinks I cut up on my NF7S mosfets with AS apoxy and was able to hit 2104Mhz with a cost of raising the Vcore .1v (bloody hell!)
Anything lower than 1.9v and its unstable.

My FSB is 200 for a memory of 400.
My memory is rated 400 so I should still be able to pull a bit more out of it.

The cpu is cooled with the TT Big Typhoon load at around 48*C (45*C before 1.9v) and idle at 38*C (35*C beofore 1.9v).

I am running the tai pan bios on my NF7Sv2 and have the CPU interface option enabled.

Will this chip take 2v or should I back off? I was going to upgrade this christmas but am getting a laptop instead.

I might buy a water cooling kit and see what I can do with that But im not sure. Im debating either a 400GB Hdd, water cooling or a nice case.

I wouldnt risk it. Looks like a bad overclocking chip, and probably not worth blowing it trying to get another 50mhz or so.

Yeah just as i figured.
Ive read about people getting that chip up to 2400Mhz or more with a little bit more than stock voltage. Thats why I bought it. Oh well. Maybe Ill see if I can get a mobile athlon for cheap.

Your aldy at 1.9v so There is really no use going to watercooling unless you pick up a mobile. I can pump 2.3v through my barton and it wont pass 2500mhz stable... Thats almost becomes to much for my watercooling.

My Barton won't budge past 192fsb and still be stable, I've just come to accept that it's 'The worst Barton in existence'™

Back