• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6300 VS E6400 Expected OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Im trying to decide what chip to get. Not sure what most chips do, I stayed with Conroe versus Allendale.

6300 @ 515FSB
6400 @ 450FSB

P5B Deluxe

What do you guys think is most likely ? I know the P5B has a LOT of FSB in it, just not sure about 24/7 stability. Looking for 3.6g~ obviously ..

WaTTz said:
Im trying to decide what chip to get. Not sure what most chips do, I stayed with Conroe versus Allendale.

6300 @ 515FSB
6400 @ 450FSB

P5B Deluxe

What do you guys think is most likely ? I know the P5B has a LOT of FSB in it, just not sure about 24/7 stability. Looking for 3.6g~ obviously ..

can't really suggest one or the other but i can put in my two sints for the 6400 ...

i run 24/7 stable at 3.6 ghz on air cooling; temps are within intel's daily use specs. the details of my setup are in my sig.

on a recent very cold night (15C ambient temps) ... i benched quite nicely at 4 ghz but that was opportunistic at best.

either chip, with the right cooling will be fine at 3.6.

post some results once you decide.

same, board fsb will hold you back before the e6300 will alot of times
I have a e6300 doing 3100 on 1.3625 in a p5b deluxe, first day orthos 13.5 hours

Rattle said:
same, board fsb will hold you back before the e6300 will alot of times
I have a e6300 doing 3100 on 1.3625 in a p5b deluxe, first day orthos 13.5 hours

hey .

what are your temps with the tuniq cooler? and with what ambient room temps?

thanx

ambient 70F I would guess, florida is weird this time of year, gets hot during the day and cold at night. this was midday on a 70ish day in the house maybe warmer..
this the rig I am building for a friend, has tuniq tower 120 also.

Attachments

• 3100+ (Large).JPG
    3100+ (Large).JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 596
I think Im just gonna order up a 6400.

That way when I get my phase back in commision I can still bench at 4GHz :D

Rattle said:

those are nice temps for air cooling. i wish i had a consistent 70 degree ambient; power, electricity costs and all prevent it. (oh, when is that next front coming through damnit!)

my room is usually about 75 to 77 degrees and i load around 55 to 58 ...

i guess at a consistent 70c i'd be around 51 to 53.

no plans on going to water anytime some ... and so always curious about other folks air coolers. thanks for the info.

( and bump that 6300 new-build up some, already! )

:)

my temps are all over the place but thats an example of normal temps with normal ambient

they got hotter and cooler with the wether.

Back