• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire X800 GTO and coolings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitler106

Registered
Hi. This is my first post on this forum. I 'm from Poland so I can't speak in english very good :D I live in Chicago so I ask in american forum.

Problem: I have Sapphire X800 GTO and his maximum temp is 77*C on standard cooling. I 'm going to buy a arctic silver 5 and better coolings but I don't know which?? In Polish forum people say that this must be Zalman VF-700. I think that I buy this Zalman or I buy this whay you suggest me. I would like to buy this on web so please give me a link. I know only www.ebay.com. Did you know better e-shop??
This cooling must be quiet and cheap. I can get 20-30$

Give me short answer:)
Do you understan me??

Last edited:
that is very very hot :eek:

with mine, i am running 16 pipes and about 10% oc and i get about 57c full load. i am using stock cooling. once in a while i blow the dust out of the fan and heat sink and that helps.

Gabkicks said:
maybe to make us ask why? :p
lol man... i didnt notice. thats probably one of the worst usernames you can pick
Jesus... especially for a Pole...

Eh... right then.. anyhow, to the OP, you should probably get arctic silver ceramique rather than AS5 as it's a bit safer to use on videocard cores (not [as] capacitative as AS5).

Also, look into one of these coolers as they're about the best you can get for the x800/x850-series cards.

So you thing that this zalman is the best in this price. Thanks for your help ans this good e-shop. Now I have problem with my motherboard but later I tell you my new temperature :D

Sometimes people in poland call me hitler so this is my nick. I don 't have resentment to this man :D

I try overclock this videocard. I have only 540/590(400/490). I want also to buy cooling on memorycard and later try again overclock this card :)

My card have 12 pipes and it is on PCI-E :] I don't mod yet this card

sorry that I 'm not edit post :D
My graphic card dead :( A man can sell me X800XT or X850XT Platinum Edition by 150$ (I don't remember which). He use this card 2 weeks. I know that 150$ is too much. How many I can give him? 80$ 100$ Less? More?

:welcome:

I'd say around $100-120 at most for an x850xt PE. But at the same time you can get NEW cards online from good vendors for that price that will perform the same or better - you get a warranty that way as well :) You can find 7600GT's for $100-120 and 7900gs for ~$150 sometimes right now on special at Best Buy (not online store) or same price with 'mail in rebate' where you pay more to start and get a discount check in the mail 1-2months later.

As for online shopping, ebay is ok but often the prices are inflated because individuals sell there and have to pay ebay fees. www.newegg.com is very good service but not always the best price. My favorite shopping method is search on www.froogle.com with a part number and double check on www.pricegrabber.com, then if a good price is at a seller I haven't heard of I use www.resellerratings.com to see if they are good or bad to buy from. Here's a larger list of online retailers: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=462342

I bought this x850 xt pe for 100$ (28000 in 3d mark2001)

I also bought better CPU. I bought Athlon 64 FX-55. When I overclock this CPU to 3GHz the CPU need more voltage. I give him max 1.55V and he is raelly hot (52*C). I want to buy better cooling to this CPU. I can give 60$. What you prefer to buy for me? I want buy in www.newegg.com. I love this shop.

Back