• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird AGP slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sully_PA

Registered
Went to put in a AGP card today as a second card and found that the AGP slot is mounted backwords....Ever heard of that before? trying to use an old voodoo 3 but its tabs are setup short tab/slot/long tab/slot/hook....

asrock_939dual_sata2.jpg

Last edited:
i dont see anything wrong with it... i got several AGP cards that fit in that mobo
even if there is a slit in your card, where there isnt one on the agp slot it should fit fine

Sully,

I do not think that you are nuts, having a look at the card, the 'tabs' are indeed reversed. Maybe the AGP standard changed between the time of that old voodoo and more 'modern' agp's? :shrug:

chevro1et said:
Sully,

I do not think that you are nuts, having a look at the card, the 'tabs' are indeed reversed. Maybe the AGP standard changed between the time of that old voodoo and more 'modern' agp's? :shrug:

i dont think the standard has changed but i think it might have something to do with the age of the card and the slot... considering AGP has different revisions... 1 2 4 8x and are recognized buy the slits i think it is safe to assume that that card is in no way shape or form supported by that mobo, its probably a 4x or 8x agp slot and its probably a 1x card... weird i have never come across this... and no your not going nuts... and why you putting such a ****ty card on a 939 system?

nd4spdbh2 said:
i dont think the standard has changed but i think it might have something to do with the age of the card and the slot... considering AGP has different revisions... 1 2 4 8x and are recognized buy the slits i think it is safe to assume that that card is in no way shape or form supported by that mobo, its probably a 4x or 8x agp slot and its probably a 1x card... weird i have never come across this... and no your not going nuts... and why you putting such a ****ty card on a 939 system?

Maybe it's a budget build, or a backup video card.

this is a radeon 7000 64mb agp... i think its my oldest atm.. but i have boxes of crap in the closet so there might be older ones in there...

100_0988.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys.....I have a x1800xl pcie in it I just wanted to use the voodoo for some old glide games.....oh well guess I'll have to figure something else out...maybe get a pci card I guess......

Xtreme Barton said:
arent there windows versions of glide games now ??

Glide was a 3dfx only answer to OpenGl and Direct X.

If you want to play glide games I would suggest searching for glide wrappers and just running it on a graphics card that will fit your motherboard.

pioneer1976 said:
thats because the card looks to be a agp 2x slot card and your mobo is a 8x slot

100% spot on the money.

and just to make sure, your using the brown slot, not the yellow one (its not actually an agp slot)

also, be careful as older agp cards will blow the board (there is a warning on the pcb near the agp slot)

Back