• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

83fsb = Higher Pci Bus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trapper

what are the downsides of any higher fsb that incurs higher pci and ram bus speeds, is this the norm?,is it ok to do this or can you up the fsb and keep other bus speeeds ok ? can you guys help me out here as i can get running stable temps etc with 83 fsb which gives me 600@747 , i took mobo jumper of to set fsb to 100 it didnt even post,but has done on an msi-6178 onboard sound&vid with pi wrapp for 1.95 cv any input dudez:cool: (CAN SET ALMOST ALL IN BIOS)

CELERON cBo 600 @various
(core can go to 3v in bios!)
Elite Groups slot1/skt 370 mobo
SB16 pci
1xContinental amp and subwoofer
1xTEAC superwoofer
2xtwin tweeter TEAC satellites
couple others joined on for surround sound
1x128mb pc100 sdram
2x64mb pc100 sdram
herc 3D Prophet II MX
2xwdCaviars' total=16.6 gig
G.ORB
80x80x25 casefan
8xcdrom
8x4x32 ide burner
win98se

Well I guess the biggest downside is your PCI cards and ide/scsi controllers start going hanky, burn-out, or hanky then burn out=) I have had data corruption with bus speeds too high before. Windows just refused to boot up. Abandoned it for a week and it started cooperating again. Guess she missed me=P

You could try burning in your comp for a while then try for the 100FSB. That would get your PCI bus in spec if your mobo has the correct divider. But then, you would also need more cooling.

Back