• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

world of starcraft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would probably be called Universe of Starcraft considering the intergalactic setting. And one can only pray to god that a treasonous transgression such as that never comes to pass. If WoW is a game then so is shooting dope.

I don't think it would happen, but if it did, I think the closest would be an expansion down the road to WoW. Maybe a 3rd faction. Would be interesting.

--pak

Yeah the idear/joke of world of starcraft has been out for a long while...

If it did ever happen, it better freakin continue where SC:BW left off :mad:

MMO games are like treadmills that make you fatter :-/

If I saw a Starcraft MMO, or worse a Diablo MMO, I think I would cry while cutting my wrists to await the sweet, red death.

inkfx said:
Speaking of Starcraft... where is Starcraft 2? haha, like that's ever going to happen.

On my gravestone it'll say "Where was SC2?" Let your dreams die, it will never happen.

Oni said:

I just told this to everyone at my work, thats halarious man! :clap:

Oni said:

If I saw a Starcraft MMO, or worse a Diablo MMO, I think I would cry while cutting my wrists to await the sweet, red death.

What's so wrong with that? I think would be cool to have either one or even both as MMO's...

And no it'll not happen any time if ever...as Blizzards reps have stated in the past they have no plans to do a Diablo or Starcraft MMO spin off. Something about having to worry about another mmo other then just WoW would be to much work for them or some such.

Have any companies had two MMO's out at the same time successfully? Seems like a tough task, but if people can raise twin girls, I can see two MMO's happening.

--pak

The Races are to different and the there is a lack of any sort of class structure so it just wouldnt work.

Well I am sure it got scrapped because the company they farmed it out to did a lousy job. Even after they took it in house and tried to fixed the problems, it was still just to much suck and they killed it. Have to atleast hand it to Blizzard for knowing not to release a crappy game for one of their top franchises. They have always been more than wiling to kill a bad game no matter how much was spent developing it.

They've also been hiring developers for a while now for some new Diablo game. I think most know that will come first, then SC2. Diablo could easy be put into MMO form, but it would be just like WoW so there is no sense. I'd be more than happy if they fixed the issues with Battlenet and beefed it up so you could have a kind of PSO/PSU feel to it for expanded Multiplayer Diablo but still no where near MMO size.

yeah Blizzard is about quality which is nice to see...they are one of the few companies that will push back a release if need be instead of smithing a beta to gold to meet a deadline and then having to fix all the bugs with updates.

Back