• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD ATHLON 1.3 GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mike31

HI EVERYONE
This is my first time as registered just a few minutes ago I wonder if someone
can help me . I have a MSI motherboard with AMD ATHLON 1.3 GHZ processor I like to overclock this processor and I have never done it before.
By the way this is really great site.
Many Thanks mike31

First off I'd like to say WELCOME TO OCFORUMS!!! :welcome:

Now down to business. Make sure you've read all the stickies on overclocking. The ones you need might be retired so just use the search feature to try and bring up some good threads. Oh and we are going to need more information than just the type of processor. Maybe you could put all your system specs in your sig or just list them in a post if that's easier.

If this is a thunderbird processor it may be more difficult to overclock it over may other processors. the hardest part will probably be blowing the bridges on the processor to unlock it and set your multiplier on it.

The Tbirds were some of the best overclockers ever! I had a 1GHz AYHJA(?) that overclocked a whopping 50% with watercooling.

It probably is a T-bird. From my experience with T-birds, I would be lucky to get a stable +100 mhz OC at around 1.90V.

My T-bird 900 mhz AFGA wasn't stable at 1050 mhz, even at around 1.90V!
I kept on getting BSOD, STOP: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when gaming.

Thus I gave up on OC'ing back in 2002 and didn't start OC'ing again until 2004!

I have a 1.2Ghz Tbird. From what I remember, Tbirds need to be unlocked with the "pencil lead trick." You need to buy a mechanical pencil, take out a piece of lead and short out two pins.

This allows you to change the multiplier. Otherwise you will only be able to change the FSB which will only get you so far.

Look up the t-bird pencil trick, the info is out there. I haven't done it myself, 1.2->1.3 isn't worth the risk imo.

yeah well i've never done it myself. but nobody mentioned the unlocking method yet. ty for the tip :)

Back