• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech releases adapter plate for G80 cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What about everything else on the card that gets got.
Ram and power circutry anyone??

Guess people will take care of that though... they always do. :D

Sleepy_Steve said:
What about everything else on the card that gets got.
Ram and power circutry anyone??

Guess people will take care of that though... they always do. :D
If people want full cover waterblock they will have to wait for danger den or ek to release them and they will pay twice the price of mcw60. The full cover waterblock is usually good for one generation of cards and unsable with next. Not mentioning it is hard to sell it.

Here's an idea from swiftech how to cool 8800gtx with mcw60
mcw60-G80-adapter.jpg

jamescardenas07 said:
so i guess its compatable with both the gts and gtx versions?
The gts and gtx have similar mounting places, so it will work on both. The difference between gts and gtx is that the other to be cooled coponents are or might be in different places. That the reason we have full waterblock for gtx but not yet for gts

A bit off topic here... does it make any sense to passivley cool the back side of the card at all?? (assuming clearance is a non issue)
Like under the ram, core, and other things??

One Bull said:
Lol, just look at the picture. I haven't seen that much heatsinks gathered anywhere, ever! :)
More onboard memory equals more memory chips to cool. The most heatsinks that ever used was 8 and that was on 512mb card.

I count 17 up there in total.
12 on memory.

Now are those sinks annodised ALU?? Or did teh cooling gods smile upon us and grant us passive copper ramsinks?

I believe those are copper. I bought them a while back for my x850PRO and I scratch tested em and all I had was copper. It was also proclaimed on the packaging that it was copper SO...I'd assume so.

Yep, they are copper. Any type of heatsink will probably do. Copper or aluminum will do. Just aluminium heatsinks weight less.

meionm said:
If people want full cover waterblock they will have to wait for danger den or ek to release them and they will pay twice the price of mcw60. The full cover waterblock is usually good for one generation of cards and unsable with next. Not mentioning it is hard to sell it.

Here's an idea from swiftech how to cool 8800gtx with mcw60
mcw60-G80-adapter.jpg

I'm probably wrong on this but I thought swiftech would make one of those Ramcool blocks to cool all the other parts .

A complete water-cooling solution including the MCW60 and the MCW-Ramcool will also be released soon.

I guess they Ram cool will be out soon.

If the block come with a giant heatsink on it from the factory, will little ramsinks be able to keep the ram cool?

The Ram on my 9800pro gets hot will copper heatsinks, the 8800 must roast.

someone try this out. :)

been waiting for this. swiftech kept their word and said theyd release it in a couple weeks (and i emailed them acouple weeks ago :))

ziggo0 said:
I believe those are copper. I bought them a while back for my x850PRO and I scratch tested em and all I had was copper. It was also proclaimed on the packaging that it was copper SO...I'd assume so.
They're copper, trust me. I tried trimming one down a little with a Dremel, they're 100% copper. But the Dremel thing did not work, it just ripped it up. Imagine trying to shorten a clothes hanger with a bench grinder. :eek:

On a better note, they can be bent w/out breaking ...:)

Will just heatsinks work alright? I have a brand new 60b that I was going to sell since i'm picking up a 8800gts, but if I can get away with using it and heatsinks on everything thats what I'll do.

QuietIce said:
They're copper, trust me. I tried trimming one down a little with a Dremel, they're 100% copper. But the Dremel thing did not work, it just ripped it up. Imagine trying to shorten a clothes hanger with a bench grinder. :eek:

On a better note, they can be bent w/out breaking ...:)

Yeah, I honestly didn't have any douts. I had to bent one out like a flower because the barb of my MAZE4 went right over one, worked like a charm and bent back perfectly!

Back