• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WMP Playback Issues - MPEG Audio Layer 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
I use Windows Media Player to manage and play my large library of music.

I really like the software, and using another media player is not an option I would like to consider if possible.

I have an issue with my WMP, playing MPEG Audio Layer 3 type audio files.

When I play them, they play 2x their normal play rate. There is no option to slow them down.

In other playback software that I have installed, like Limewire, the audio file plays back at it's proper speed. It is only in WMP that the audio file plays double speed.

Other MP3 files do not have this issue, only audio files that show "MPEG Audio Layer 3" under their "properties". Most of my other MP3s show "Audio File" under this same caregory.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this might be occuring? I've got all my playlists and setups already loaded into WMP, I'd really like to continue using it.

Thanks in advance!! :)

This is the file-type my player has issues with:

Attachments

• MP3.JPG
    MP3.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 99
I had this issue on a school computer. I believe the sound driver needed to be updated.

BTW, if you haven't tried foobar2000, I suggest you do. It's soooo much better than WMP imo, especially with large playlists.

Back