• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can A Slot One Run A Slot 2 Xeon ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YOB

Registered
I have a tyan s1830 tsunami with an Intel 440 BX/GX chip set when I look at xeon boards I see they are gx will this allow me to run a xeon processor the manufacturer never replies to any questions ( I have asked about 10 since I bought this board) so I thought I would ask the real experts will my idea work ??

Just wondered
Paul

I'm pretty sure that the slot1 boards will not take a slot2 proc, such as the slot xeons. They have a different number of connectors on the cartridge.

slot 1

yes epox sells a slot 1 to slot 2 adapter
click on mobos, then scoll down to the bottom
there you wil find it.
epox is the manufacturer that sells that type of adapter

I believe the slot 1 to slot 2 adapters that littlerichie is refering to are for adapting slot1 cpus into slot 2 motherboards and not the other way around. This allows you to run slot1 cpus in a slot 2 motherboard. As for running a slot2 processor in a slot1 board that's not possible. Even in the case of the adapters that allow you to use slot1 cpus in slot2 motherboard those usually only work with certain specific slot 2 boards. If Epox sells such an adapter it's probably for a particular slot2 board they make that will run slot1 cpus. At the very least the slot 2 board would have to have bios support for slot 1 cpus. That's probably not the case with most slot2 boards.

Last edited:
Back