• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1950 AGP in hand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

So I bit the bullet and got one, this is to replace the 850XT PE that I had. just some numbers off of the top of my head:

going from 850XT PE 3d mark05: 6k
going to 1950 pro: 9k

850xt PE 3dmark06: 17xx
1950 pro: 33xx

These were not optimised numbers, I just throw it in and ran it, apps were running in the back ground. Saw some improvements on the regular games I play, COH, UT2k4 (not as much, since the old one already screamed), Prey, HL2. I might keep this thing for a while yet.

blitzkrieg1110 said:
Wow! I didn't realize ATI released another high-end card on AGP. That's actually pretty sweet lol

Yup, Does look pretty awesome for folks still on Agp, My wife is still on Agp, However I think I will just upgrade her to Pci-e when really needed.

new_novice said:
just some numbers off of the top of my head:

going from 850XT PE 3d mark05: 6k
going to 1950 pro: 9k
Post a link to that 3dmark05 score!

Last edited:
Wow...My 7800GS just lost an inch. Could you post the SM scores and some FPS results from the benches.
Also do you have the 05 Patch? Without the patch you can't search and compare.

funion said:
Wow...My 7800GS just lost an inch. Could you post the SM scores and some FPS results from the benches.
Also do you have the 05 Patch? Without the patch you can't search and compare.

the 05 I dowloaded directly from them, didn't know about the patch, I'll go home tonite and see about getting that up. and what is SM scores? and which FPS would you like to see?

N/M on the SM scores, I was thinkin 06.
How long ago did you D/L 05, the update was last week
http://www.futuremark.com/download/

Post something like this screen if you can. Thanks! One more thing please, if you get a minute could you run ATItool and post your 5 min. average.

05.gif

Last edited:
atitool does show temps... doesnt it?it does for me... maybe you havent enabled it, or atitool doesnt fully support your card...

Thanks davekusa!
I hope you don't mind I joined our screens for a side by side comparison.
So was your card at default clocks? My screen shows my 7800GS at 460/1350with my 3.2 P4 at 3.5 and still b-neckin.
Looks like the 1950 really shines in HDR/SM3. And my 7800 with an edge in SM2...wonder why? Could you run 05, little more GFX intensive.
Once again thanks.
I may be tempted to go RED with my sons comp:eek:

vs.jpg

I would have expected your ATItool FPS to be higher. Mine below at 490/1680

toolhigh.gif

Back