• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.I.P. Monarch Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Fox

As I was the Harbinger that Identified these issues upon Anandtech and other forum's I can tell everyone here that while my Campaign to get the word out was met with shill action, and obvious hostility from the usual malcontents....

Monarch Computer became totally disfunctional today(Friday), as no Phones were being answered, and even Tech Support was Dead.

http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75350&page=14

We can only hope that the New Ownership is better aligned with their customers. They are at the bottom of a huge sand pit...

It was sad to watch Richard "Trey" Harris run the place into the dirt...

I was trying to warn the Buying Public.... that this was not flying straight..... Even Forum Moderators were wondering what my Agenda was.... I stuck to my Guns.... and it now appears that Kate Smith is stepping up to the Microphone as we speak.....

G'Night Ladies and Germ's

R.I.P. Monarch Computer

Thanks SSS !! Pik4chu !! and the rest here at OCForums !!

Last edited:
i don't know what happen to them... 1-2 years ago they were very good. i liked them as much as newegg. their price was a bit stiffer than newegg but they had no tax.. if i had a big purchase i'll buy from them... but now they're getting so bad reviews i'm wondering what the hell happended :)... oh well i have not buy from them for a long time now.

d94 said:
HAHA
about time!
PwnD

i know SSS will be happy to see this :beer:

I don't think SSS will be super pleased - customers who are owed money will have a harder time getting refunds. If folks are looking for a refund on their CC, they can probably still do a successful chargeback. But what about customers who shipped systems to Monarch for RMA or repair? What about customers with borked hardware who are now SOL?

I know it sucks for people who are owed money but I always hate to see a small company go under. One less for the Best Buys and WalMarts to compete with.

I hate to see it too wannaoc, but I think it is a little different in Monarch's case.

I remember the rep saying that Monarch is getting better, just give us one more shot, buy from our closeout section. Makes me wonder if they knew months back and were trying to get rid of their stock. One thing is for sure that they did lie about turning themselves around and that things were getting better. Why do you think that they said those things?

Monarch used to be the nice guys, so it is hard to believe that they are purposely trying to screw people but I believe that is exactly what they are trying to do lately. I am glad SSS pursued them like he did because I think he saw them for what they are (SSS you have my full support :beer: ).

By the way do we have confirmation that they have gone out of business?

I know its 3rd person from resellerratings forum, but just had to reference it. Sounds consistent with current Monarch practices/policies.

http://users.net1plus.com/scottm/monarch.htm

And its really a shame too. I had nothing but good things to say about Monarch 9-12 months ago. A big 'way to go' to the guys in their mgmt who threw this company into a nose dive.

I just got back into Florida late last night and read this, a couple things to note.

For starters the thread title of RIP Monarch may not be accurate, just because they didn't answer the phones on one specific day may not mean much, really can't say for sure what the deal is with that.
As far as that guy wanting 10% off, well we didn't see the persons original e-mail, and it's possible he was more obnoxious than Monarchs in house reply that got leaked. Sterling from Monarchs reply that we did see, the one reply to the customer at the end was about as unprofessional as they come. But in all honestly, they are not required to give that guy any discount, even if that customer was belligerent, Sterling's reply should never have said:
To: [email protected]
Subject: about resellerratings.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:20:54 -0400

and yes I do work at monarch and you can and you still suck

Even if they do not like a customer, it's not a good idea to tell the customer that they suck.
What I do find disconcerting is I had to go through two pages of Resellerratings to find one positive, the rest of the two pages were pretty unhappy people. A six month resellerrating of 3.91 is also not a good sign.
I also agree that Monarch was a decent vendor in the past, but what transpired to bring them to where they are today is anyones guess. They seemed to self destruct a few months ago.
:shrug:

d94 said:
i know SSS will be happy to see this :beer:

Not really, I was hoping they would fix their issues and get back to rebuilding their reputation, but that may not happen from what I see.. I hate seeing people have to fight to get their money back if they are owed products or refunds...

Silversinksam said:
Not really, I was hoping they would fix their issues and get back to rebuilding their reputation, but that may not happen from what I see.. I hate seeing people have to fight to get their money back if they are owed products or refunds...

Monarch is stealing and they haven't been shut down. You can go over there and they'll take all the money you want to give them but you'll never see another package from them.

heh oh crap i completely forgot how much cash these basterds owe people :-/

It really is a shame that it's gone down like this. I use to love Monarch as much as Newegg, ewiz, etc. Back when they had the Opteron coupons they really had my vote.

I can't see this ending well for anybody.

How does a company like this still have customers ? I was over @ RR doing some reading on them. Makes me wonder if any one every gets helped or does every one that works there just play pass the buck

||Console|| said:
How does a company like this still have customers ? I was over @ RR doing some reading on them. Makes me wonder if any one every gets helped or does every one that works there just play pass the buck

Some people just don't know about the problems, it's much the same for people that buy from companies like Buyaib.com aka ALPHA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS, INC., they see the lowest prices at pricewatch and they do not know about Resellerratings.com, because if they looked them up, they would most likely avoid buying from them.

PS, Buyaib is #1 on my list of vendors to avoid, Monarch is on my top 5 vendors list of vendors to avoid due to their recent fall from grace.

I don't think it's RIP just yet...but from what I have read and heard they are headed for the end and should get there sooner or later...

Chapter 7 dissolution, here we come? (If Chap.7 is not dissolution, forgive me, I'm far more comfortable with/aware of/familiar with/screwed by Chapter 11.)

Silversinksam said:
Some people just don't know about the problems, it's much the same for people that buy from companies like Buyaib.com aka ALPHA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS, INC., they see the lowest prices at pricewatch and they do not know about Resellerratings.com, because if they looked them up, they would most likely avoid buying from them.

PS, Buyaib is #1 on my list of vendors to avoid, Monarch is on my top 5 vendors list of vendors to avoid due to their recent fall from grace.

Wow, nice company. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back