• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Rebates *Thumbs way down*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLcK

About a 4 months ago, I bought a Antec P180B for 120ish off newegg excluding a $20 rebate. The rebate was from 8/7/06-8/14/06, so I submit the rebate on 8/9 only to recieve one of this post card things saying, Dear blah blah blah.... Unfortunately we couldnt honor your rebate cuz 1) The reciept you submitted was dated after the qualifying period for this promotion. This is complete and utter BS b/c my newegg reciept shows a valid purchase date, 8/10/2006 2:30:49 PM. Next, I decided to send them an email about this and this is the reply I get:

Antec said:
Dear Antec Consumer:

Our records indicate your rebate was denied because your submission did not comply with the terms and conditions listed on your rebate form. Unfortunately, we are not able to assist you further with this rebate request.

Please reference the following rebate Submission Number in all future correspondence: ########

Thank you for contacting Antec, Inc.

Customer Contact Center Phone: 1-877-776-1280
USA Fax: 1-480-606-4313
Canada Fax: 1-905-734-9955
http://antec.rebatestatus.com
mailto:[email protected]

Terms and conditions? what kind of feces can out off their mouths? Surely, 8/10/06 M falls between 8/7/06-8/14/06. I'm surely ticked off at antec - its enough for me to not recomend any of their products and sand off the logo off my P180, PSU, and no longer consider getting the SP 500W PSU I was going to get for my new rig.

If you have a copy of the UPU and other requirements, call them, complain and then mail them the copy. It would also be a good idea to contact newegg about this. They are in not really responsible, but they may be able to help. :)

So what reason did they deny the rebate? If you followed their instructions then you are entitled to the money. Let us know what happens. If you are in the right let us know and I'll tell you a few things you can do to put allot of pressure on antec.

Back