• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

multi monitor problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickyhoward55

i have just got a new hdtv (toshiba 32wlt66) and want to have my pc running on it asap. i have hooked it up via the vga port (dvi-vga) and the pic is amazing! it runs at 1280x1024 with ease but if i set it to that resolution it also changes my main monitor from 1680x1050. the problem im having is that the my dell (main) is showing as monitor 2 and tv as monitor 1. i cant set different resolutions as if i change the tv one it also changes the dell. anyone know of a program that lets u choose outputs etc? also, which port on my graphics card does the main monitor want to be in?

thanks

are you trying to have your tv and main monitor be two parts of your desktop, or show the same image...?

are you trying to have your tv and main monitor be two parts of your desktop, or show the same image...?

yep, i want them both to show my desktop/games/movies etc. ive actually reinstalled my graphics driver and have it set to clone @1680x1050, now my monitor is as sweet as usual and the pic on my pic is amazing but i have a slight overscan, about the size of the windows toolbar at the bottom of ur screens, but when playing wow i cant see char info or action buttons :( also i cant access the PC SETTINGS menu on my tv. any ideas?

Back