• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP1600 w Leadtek 7350KDA Unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

munsing

I'm having problems with my AthlonXP1600+ with a Leadtek 7350KDA mobo (Sis735) and Crucial 256MB DDR CAS2.5

When I run the system at full speed (133FSB+133RAM) the system is not stable. I'm running both WinXP and WinME and the system resets itself without any warning. The multiplier is 10.5 and the CPU speed is therefore 1.4Ghz. Other mobo settings are default (CPU voltage etc...)

When I reduce the speed to 100FSB+100RAM it's ok. But the CPU is running at 1050Mhz and RAM probably at 2x100Mhz.

I'm using a nVidia GeForce2 GTS 32MB and a Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM ATA100

Any experts out there with any advice?

I was having similar problems with my xp1700, Increasing the core voltage seemed to help, but I was overclocked a ways when the problem was occurring, so maybe you got other issues. If you increase the voltage be sure to watch the temps carefully. GL

Ok i've disovered that Leadtek has released a new BIOS dated 26/11/01. It's downloadable from the web site.

I've installed the new BIOS that things seem to be better, though I've yet to confirm that it's entirely stable. One thing I noticed is that the new BIOS sets the DDR voltage to +0.1V

Let's see how things go.

I found out one other thing. The 7350KDA apparently is only stable with the Kingston DDR RAM with the Nanya chipset. I was using Crucial DDR RAM and the system was really unstable.

Gonna try to stick in a Kingston and see how it goes.

Back