• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=A][A=-cazman

Hey guys I've had enough of my old rig and it recently gave me some problems with the games I play. So its time for an upgrade:

NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard -

eVGA 512-P2-N637-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Superclocked Video

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A, 2.0 version, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 500W - Retail

Hanns·G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

I'm having issues deciding if I want to go with socket 939 or AM2 or even still conroe....and I was hoping you guys could shed some light on the matter. I didn't list the memory because I haven't decided which socket type yet. I also didn't list the processor because newegg has been out of stock on the ones I've been eyeing up (X2 4600 toledo 2x 1mb cache?). I've been sitting on this for over a month and I'm fed up with waiting lol. Also I'm not set in stone on that monitor either ........but I've talked with some ppl that play the same games that I do (EvE, CS, DoD, DOD:S, CS:S) and thats what they recomended.

I really wouldnt go any other route than C2D since you are doing a full system upgrade. The C2D chips are pretty much running circles around anything else. How much money do you have to spend on this build and I (or someone else) will get a list together of some nice parts.

Well I want to try and buy everything at newegg since I can get the promo where u don't pay for 6 months and I could pay it all off before then. Price range I'm looking for is max like 1500. But thats including everything:

Case
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Videocard
Harddrive
LCD monitor
Power Supply

Back