• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UTorrent Download Speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

Im having difficulty with download speeds, ive started downloading an 8GB file and despite the fact that it has 39 seeds and over 500 peers I am getting very low speeds, a while ago I had a connection of 300kB/s+ and now its down to 0.4kB/s. I am also downloading another file that is having the same problem extreme varying speeds the file is 4GB in size.

thx in advance

RIPSTER

it happens, but remember your download speeds are proportional to your upload speeds. Also make sure the port Utorrent is using is open via your router.

dicecca112 said:
it happens, but remember your download speeds are proportional to your upload speeds. Also make sure the port Utorrent is using is open via your router.

port forwarding on my router increased my speeds quite a bit. Somewhere in one of the menus of utorrent, it shows what port is usually uses, but you can also change it to anything you want.

also make sure that your connection speed listed in utorrent is actually your connection speed.

chances are those alot of those 39 seeds (like me) have their upload speed set to 1kb/sec so it doesn't kill their connection

if your download speed is directly proportional to your upload speed then you must get very low speeds aswel, and dont you see that as a little unfair on other people?

RIPSTER said:
Im having difficulty with download speeds, ive started downloading an 8GB file and despite the fact that it has 39 seeds and over 500 peers I am getting very low speeds, a while ago I had a connection of 300kB/s+ and now its down to 0.4kB/s. I am also downloading another file that is having the same problem extreme varying speeds the file is 4GB in size.

thx in advance

RIPSTER

it just happens liek that sometimes, if your not connectable your speeds will be slow, as well as the other seeds/peers not being connectable, usualy when i have 20-30 good seeds I an pull 1MB/sec :)

technically speaking, your download speeds aren't related to your upload speeds, it's other people's upload speeds that determine yours, and in turn yours, theirs.
there's no central hub that everyone downloads from with bittorrent, it's entirely distributed peer to peer.

Back