• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

started playing with the 6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Petebert

just played around with bumping up my cpu, 400x8 up to 3.2 ghz, ran 3dmark06 with no problems but my idle temp is high with the stock heatsink, about 43c right now. still need to play around with the voltage and see what is stable. mine seems to be 1.325 default? It wont OC to 400 at that voltage but windows load at 350 with the defualt voltage. I set it to 1.425 and that made it through 3dmark fine, havent ran prime95 or anything yet, should probably get better cooling before I over do it. But hey I got a better idea, its winter in Ohio and my computer desk is up against the garage wall, I could cut a hole and run a duct... hmmm no not really!

dhey know anything about these bios settings?

CPU Enhanced halt- says cpu will enter C1 state to reduce core clock...etc ??

CPU thermal monitor- says it will throttle down cpu when it reaches a certain threshold, I dont see a setting for this threshold but it sounds like a good one to keep

EIST- used to best manage my cpu for me somehow

what about the smart fan control, right now its set to auto, is that allowing the program that came with the mobo to do it?

open up coretemp, the VID value is the defalt voltage.

How about listing your hardware in your sig? or listing it in your first posts when your wanting advice?

this easy tune center that came with the board says 1.32 under VID, I should probably look into this coretemp I keep hearing about.

I've got a Conroe E6400 on a Gigabyte 965P-DS3, 2x512 DDR2 800 Gskill 4-4-4-12, the cheap PK variant, a eVGA 7900GS and some 7200rpm WD 250GB sata drive.

Last edited:
i had to run my memory at 2.0, the instructions from gskill say it only needs +0.1 to run at 44412 but +.2 was needed for it to be stable.

Back