Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.
Forum Jump

Is there a way to set up networking profile.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-05-06, 01:10 PM Thread Starter   #1
Skeith

Is there a way to set up networking profile.

My dad has a laptop for work. And they said that he can use it on our DSL connection and network at home. However they blocked the TC/IP settings. so he's stuck using dail up.

Once I get them to unlock the TC/IP settings I would like to make a setting somehow that allows him to choose between networks so he doesnt have to keep retyping them in at work.

Is this possible?

Thanks much.

Web Server:
Dual PIII 450/256/100/2.0 | 768MB PC100 SDRAM | 6.4GB Quantum Fireball (main) | 6.4GB WD Caviar (FTP Storage)

Laptop: -Dell Inspiron 6400-
Intel Core2Duo 1.66GHz | 2x512MB DDR2 667MHz RAM | 120GB SATA HDD 7200RPM | ATI x1400 Mobility 256MB PCIe Graphics | Creative Soundblaster HD MB

I don't care about what it was designed to do. I care about what it CAN do!
Skeith is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-06, 01:40 PM   #2
ErikD

They don't use DHCP at his office? The best way would be using the alternate configuration for hist static IP info, and then primary as DHCP.
ErikD is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.