• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this on air, i do magic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordon

well i finally got the board i want, (2 years later), NIB for the low low,(lanparty 875revB) so im pretty happy.

im impressed with this clock for air cooling. 41c idle, 53c full load.

if i try to push it any higher, windows loads fine, but will hang if i start doing something intensive. i ran sandra burn in for like 4 hours at this clock and it passed it all fine, but if i go like 3 mhz higher on the fsb, it will hang.

looking at my vcore and temps, do you think the cpu just wants some more voltage ?? i dont know how high i can go, 1.5 on a prescot ?? i got a tiny bit of headroom on my temps as my case as really good cooling.

what do you guys think ?? be happy with this clock ?? or push up clocks and voltage

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 103
you can use higher voltages, but you have to be careful with your motherboard. the components like the mosfets will start to get very hot. i would say that if you are looking to use 1.5v or more, you should sink up your fets and make sure you have good airflow around there.

yep... that's the old prescott.. those things were speed demons back in the day... at 4ghz they were screaming... and to tell the truth... they're still pretty dang fast at 4ghz for today use.

Back