• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
I was looking at a couple laptops for my father-in-law and had a question. HP.com has what seems to be some pretty decent deals (with mail-in-rebates). I am looking at two specificially, one with a Mobile AMD Sempron(TM) 3400+ (1.80GHz/256KB) and one with a Intel(R) Celeron(R) M Processor 420 (1.60 GHz). Any advantages over the other? He isn't going to be doing much, surfing the internet, sending/receiving photos, playing games (were talking about games like bejeweled not anything super advanced), and basic everyday computer stuff.

Any suggestions?

Well personally I have found that HP's and Compaq's are not worth the money people think that they cost. I would look into a Dell or Acer laptop personally, but if you have to go with the HP's I would go with the Sempron system.

knight_of_knee said:
Well personally I have found that HP's and Compaq's are not worth the money people think that they cost. I would look into a Dell or Acer laptop personally, but if you have to go with the HP's I would go with the Sempron system.

Any suggestions on something in the 500-550 dollar range?

Back