• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Tuniq Tower save my cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enz660

from burning up at 3.6ghz that is...

I have done some quick temp benches and found that my cpu runs 10c hotter if overclocked to 3.6 instead of 3.4. My question is if The tuniq can cool 10c better than what I currently have... (sig) If not looks like im gona have to go water cooling....

Thanks.

enz660 said:
from burning up at 3.6ghz that is...

I have done some quick temp benches and found that my cpu runs 10c hotter if overclocked to 3.6 instead of 3.4. My question is if The tuniq can cool 10c better than what I currently have... (sig) If not looks like im gona have to go water cooling....

Thanks.

then why dont you clock down to 3.4ghz... i mean a 3.4ghz conroe is still BLAZING fast ! and the tuniq tower would be the best choice right next to the ultra120.

Ya, 3.4 is good. that is unless you build your rig soley for benching and didnt build it for gaming or anything.

If you can find a TT and want to fork out the $$$ for 200 MHz then go for it. I don't see how 200 MHz is really going to make any performance difference besides in a bench... but to each his own. If you were really serious about cooling you would get water. When investing in water you would also realize that it will most likly carry over to several systems with different mounting plates... If I were going to spend the money on a TT I would just get water. Trust me I sold my WC stuff and I wish so much I had it back!!!

You can built a decent Liquid set up for ~150. ~200 if you're cooling GPU.

Check out the classies for some really awesome deals on WC kits.

But personally. I don't see the point of dropping ~$50 for the 200MHz when if you drop ~150 you can probably get more and the WC will keep the temps way low.

Edit: Also good luck WCing that ASUS vento case...

If you do GPU's you will be amazed. I know my 7800s would hit 75c under load on air but with my MCW60 on there they never went above 45c under load. That was cooling with a 120.2 heater core, D5, Apogee, and 2x MCW60's.

Immortal_Hero said:
If you do GPU's you will be amazed. I know my 7800s would hit 75c under load on air but with my MCW60 on there they never went above 45c under load. That was cooling with a 120.2 heater core, D5, Apogee, and 2x MCW60's.

if my 7800gt ran at stock speeds, it would be getting the same temps under load...

as for WC my asus, trust me, I have it ALL planned out if I do end up getting WC (which I want as much as a tuniq) We will see...

striker85 said:
Damn man, you're on a posting rampage. I don't think I've gone a day without seeing a thread by you.

dude, I have my days when i get wicked excited about new ideas & stuff. Sometimes I go for days without posting things......then whenever im thinking of buying something, BAM, Posting time ;)
edit: arent they awsome threads though?! lol

Back