• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

um i see some spark and it smell like something is burn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

well it's my mom's rig... i had to borrowed her PSU for a bit to test my dead board... now it's confirm the board is dead... but after i plug the PSU back in her system everything booted up fine... but it seems the PSU stumble a bit... and i smell something burning.... i turned it off and boot it back on... the light from the PSU spark a bit... i got scared so i turned it off again.... and now i turn it back on it's fine... very wierd problem.... also now i'm scare to use the dang thing... the PSU is an OCZ modstream 420W powering a P4 stock at 2.4ghz...my mom is scare to use it too... should i change the PSU? or could something else causes that?

Hmm, looks like your mom's psu is damaged when you tested your board with it. Your best bet is to replace the psu asap b4 it kills your mom's rig too.

Nebulous said:
Hmm, looks like your mom's psu is damaged when you tested your board with it. Your best bet is to replace the psu asap b4 it kills your mom's rig too.

that's what i think too.... man i bang it up pretty bad when i tested it :(... that's wack... i kill a perfectly good PSU for nothing... now i feel bad :(... i guess it's time to give her a new one... my mobo is dead and it's brinign the PSU with it.. dang it... the OCZ modstream is 1 gay PSU though... that thing is so stiff u can't even move the wires... it looks nice as hell but man it suck major... i regret buying it..

Is the PSU still under warranty? If so, USE IT.

I do not see how you could have caused an internal mishap within the PSU with a dead mobo.

My PC P&C 510 SLI Deluxe decided it wanted to kill itself all of a sudden one afternoon while gaming. I had no other PSU available...I'm very thankful for their great warranty and fast turn around!

If the PSu can be replaced/fixed under warranty, i would take advantage of that ASAP. Do not risk damaging your mom's PC as well as having the poetential of starting a PC fire...then a house fire....

BL

BLHealthy4life said:
Is the PSU still under warranty? If so, USE IT.

I do not see how you could have caused an internal mishap within the PSU with a dead mobo.

My PC P&C 510 SLI Deluxe decided it wanted to kill itself all of a sudden one afternoon while gaming. I had no other PSU available...I'm very thankful for their great warranty and fast turn around!

If the PSu can be replaced/fixed under warranty, i would take advantage of that ASAP. Do not risk damaging your mom's PC as well as having the poetential of starting a PC fire...then a house fire....

BL

oh it killed the mobo on my mom PC hehe... i had to give her my old one.. now i'm on my C2D now..

Back