• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOD Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok what is LOD I hear ppl talk about it all the time but I dont know what they are talking about.

Lod stands for Level of Detail.

For different benches people will adjust the lod to lower than normal to achieve higher scores.

This can be done in rivatuner on the button next to the oveclocking settings. In 01 I usually run nature at +3, car low at +.9 dragothic low at +1.1 and lobby low at 1. For 03 and 05 I just set it at +3.

For ati cards I believe you need to use ATI tray tools and it should having something about LOD in there, i'm not real big into ATI so one of our ATI benchers will have to tell you what they usually use.

Thx , So by changing the LOD the Vid card doesnt dispaly as pretty a Image so is easyer to run ? Hmm Gonna give this a try this weekend. I would Like to beat my 33k In Mark01 .

I wonder Y there isnt a sticky with Info about LOD and different settings ?

||Console|| said:
Thx , So by changing the LOD the Vid card doesnt dispaly as pretty a Image so is easyer to run ? Hmm Gonna give this a try this weekend. I would Like to beat my 33k In Mark01 .

I wonder Y there isnt a sticky with Info about LOD and different settings ?
Even tho the image is less detailed it may not be faster. Sometimes different setting hurt your score, and in a few cases you get some benifit from using it.
the main reason there isnt a sticky about this is that LOD settings vary from system to system. Whats good for nvidia systems may not be best for ATI systems. Same goes crossfire or sli systems. IMHO it seems the people who have the best luck with LOD test each setting for each and every bench to find what works for them. Many dont use LOD in 03, and 05. But 01 some have different LOD's fro each test.

Thats right, it takes alot of testing for each setup to find the best settings, of course there are some common ones. Nature in '01 likes 3.6 the best with ATI, the other tests depend if it's a single or dual card setup. I have no idea what works on Nvidia but I get the impression that the higher you set LOD the better the scores will get.

You guys still run 01 in Oppainters Order ?

After pencil moding my card I didnt get any gain in mark01 every other benchmark my scores went up

Oppainters order isn't as good with C2d and I think that there are better orders out there but it varies person to person.

Personally I run CH, DH, LL, LH, Nature, DL, CL, those last two I usually run a couple of times

Back