• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

repalce monitor with hd tv??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mofei1

at the moment i have a dell 2007wfp, but was planning on replacing this with a Hyundai E260D 26 HD LCD TV. i just wana bigger screen :santa: is it a good idea to use a hdtv as a monitor??

I dont know what res that lcd tv can output but if the resolution is not divisible by 8 dont even bother with that card.* Other then that just make sure that you dont sit to close to the monitor/tv otherwise the greater pixel pitch will be noticeable.

* this is due to character clocks vs. pixel clocks.

i was thinking that, i do sit rather close to the screen as my room is rather small. would the dell 2407wfp be a better choice?

I used to have an LG 26LX2R 26" HDTV. I've just replaced it with a Dell 2407WFP monitor.

The LG TV was a really nice size, but the max resolution was 1366x768. With my new Dell, although I have a slightly smaller screen, I can get 1920x1200 and this makes games look awesome.

The only thing is, now I need to upgrade my graphics card! 8800 GTS?! :)

By the way, the image quality was really good on the HDTV, just in case you were wondering. I connected via DVI.

yeh i think i'll go with the 2407wfp as i like the higher resolution. this will go nicely with my xbox 360 with hd dvd drive at 1080p :santa: hope my sli 7800gt's can run games close to that res without losing too much fps,

Back