• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop LCD as 2nd display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socket eh?

Is there any possible way to run a laptop's LCD as a 2nd or third display? I really could use one more screen for editing, and that's all I can get my mitts on for a while.

i recall seeing some software that would let you do this but i can not recall it's name, otherwise there is no other way.

i would think not, only because laptops have no video input. most of the nicer ones have video output, but no input

Yeah, dam i wish i could recall that software!!!!!!! it basiclaly makes it's own remote desktop connection to the other computer, and uses's it screen.

I've used it before, you load the "server" software onto the host machine and then you install the client version on the machine you want to use as a second(or third,forth,etc.) monitor and tell it the ip address of the host and it will connect and you will then have the extended desktop. http://www.maxivista.com/how.htm

Just try the demo, its very easy to setup so long as everything is networked together it will work fine.

Back