• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gts Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
(Clanger)(DOA) said:
I oced my 6400 to 2.7 and my 3dmark went from 8333 to 4600 ??!! why vid card at stock..

Uhmmm...you got the 6400 hot enough that thermal throttling is kicking in??

:confused: :confused:

That is the only thing that comes to mind at all.

Yeah, seems very weird. :confused:

Experiment you might try:

Return the CPU to stock and see if your score returns to normal.

Logic:

If score returns to 8333, then something involved with the overclock is messing up the 3DMark score.

If score does not return to 8333, but scores lower, or lower than current score, something may have failed in the CPU.

These boards are real sensitive with regards to ram and FSB creating instability and lower scores with higher oc's. Did you run the test more than once? Did you reboot and rerun the test? Are you using the newest bios? Did you lock the PCIe and PCI?

Just to eliminate some things, you can try reducing the FSB a little and see if your scores go back up, look at increasing your Vdimm or NB Vcore. If the ram is on a divider, take it back to 1:1 just for starters

S_Wilson said:
These boards are real sensitive with regards to ram and FSB creating instability and lower scores with higher oc's. Did you run the test more than once? Did you reboot and rerun the test? Are you using the newest bios? Did you lock the PCIe and PCI?

Just to eliminate some things, you can try reducing the FSB a little and see if your scores go back up, look at increasing your Vdimm or NB Vcore. If the ram is on a divider, take it back to 1:1 just for starters

My NB vcore is maxed. like 1.65 or somthing...
My Vdimm is auto.
Orthos ran for 6 hours without a hitch..
Im running the newest BIOS 804.
I think there may be an issue with the PCIe running at 1x instead of 16x.
PCI is locked at 33.33
PCI-e is locked at 100

Im out of town this weekend so i have not had a chance to run it again.. i wont till sunday. The first thing im going to try is the test once more at those settings. to see if there is any diff.

Check your "mainboard" under cpu-z. Is your "link width" 1x..
Lower the nb voltage.

Attachments

• LW2.jpg
    LW2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 141
woot-- All sorted, just needed a reboot and its off and running.

This score is 600\864 max GPU temp was 69c! :) E6400 @ 2800
as soon as i get better ram im goin for 10k!

woot.jpg

Last edited:
Back