• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket A Bundle Selling On Ebay How Much

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm going to upgrade to AM2 I've seen a ASROCK AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard that supports Dual Core and single A64 CPU's. Has a AGP slot and suports upto 8GB Dual Channel memory so that GEIL 2GB DDR2 will be nice or anything else which is cheaper and good performance & I am getting just a normal single 3800+ A64.

Right I want to see if selling the parts from my rig below as a bundle would sell for more than single auctions. Plus it would save money on putting them on ebay as a bundle as you pay for pics and posting it on.

So how much would I get for AOPEN motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 2500+, GEIL 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Kit, PNY Geforce 6200 128mb AGP card. I will be keeping the ATi card and DVD-RW and HDD then selling the HDD for a raptor and caviar as seen below.

Last edited:
ps2cho said:
$150-200 maybe

Way too much. I'm guessing a hundred bucks MAX. I got much MUCH more selling my parts individually at my own set prices than I would've gotten selling a bundle.

I got 30 bucks for my 2600+, 60 for my A7N8X-E deluxe, about sixty for my 2 400mhz Corsair 512mb chips, and I think about thirty for my 5200 video card.

You're better off selling like that. And I would NOT recommend getting a board with an AGP slot. AGP is soon to be a thing of the past and you don't want to "upgrade" to something you're going to have to upgrade again in less than a year. It's only a matter of time before they stop making cards for AGP altogether. Sell your card with your system for a few extra bucks and get the cheapest PCI express board you can until you can afford one of the really nice boards under a hundred bucks (hell... you can get a 7600GS for about 80.)

But dooooooooooooo notttttttttttt get an AGP motherboard.

rainless said:
Way too much. I'm guessing a hundred bucks MAX. I got much MUCH more selling my parts individually at my own set prices than I would've gotten selling a bundle.

I got 30 bucks for my 2600+, 60 for my A7N8X-E deluxe, about sixty for my 2 400mhz Corsair 512mb chips, and I think about thirty for my 5200 video card.

You're better off selling like that. And I would NOT recommend getting a board with an AGP slot. AGP is soon to be a thing of the past and you don't want to "upgrade" to something you're going to have to upgrade again in less than a year. It's only a matter of time before they stop making cards for AGP altogether. Sell your card with your system for a few extra bucks and get the cheapest PCI express board you can until you can afford one of the really nice boards under a hundred bucks (hell... you can get a 7600GS for about 80.)

But dooooooooooooo notttttttttttt get an AGP motherboard.

It has PCI-E built in also.

Yah i would say 150 is too much

I just purchased a case/PSU/mobo/athlonxp 1900 and 512MB of ram for 40 dolalrs (+40 shipping) Toss in optical and hdd and its a complete system :) (havent set it up yet been too busy).

Not as powerful as yours... but hey its cheap :)

EDIT:
Piece it out you will get more money I think

Ram is probably good for $100... cpu $35-50 Mobo $20-30 VGA $30

But sold as a package much much less..

Last edited:
AngelfireUk83 said:
What has PCI-E built in?

I'm not sure what he's talking about either. ASrock does have boards with both AGP and PCI-e, but the board mentioned in the OP doesn't appear to be one of those, at least from a quick google search.

Yep mdameron it supports AM2 A64 and DDR2 memory along with an AGP slot (only) to be honest I don't care about been future proof. In the end it's only a motherboard change from AM2 to what ever but if I get the parts for it I'll probably upgrade in another 2-3 years.

I will place all my parts seperate on eBay you've all convinced me but I will be getting that board and maybe if I have enough will just go dual core. I do some multi tasking and it would be nice to create my own DVD and still be able to do other things at the same time. Not having to wait 3hrs for NeroVision to finish then do what I need to do all in all I think it's time for a upgrade even if it is kinda small.

Maybe big in this case from SkA to A64 AM2 but for the Dual Core CPU and Motherboard plus DDR2 set me back maybe about £150. I'm not gonna get that GEIL DDR2 I will see about some decent good performance memory that will meet my needs.

Well my mate who works in his companies hardware department has sent me a board I didn't know about. It just arrived yesterday is socket 754 but it will save me some cash a lot to be honest. I can use my ATi card, RAM, HDD (till I get a raptor) and DVD-RW drive and buy a Sempron 3400+ cause a 3700+ A64 I can only find for £150+ max so I will treat this as a small upgrade.

I will save up and I think I will wait till K8L comes then I will have some money slammed together and build a complete new system fresh hardware.

Back