• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature Sensor Placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hammerz

Registered
Hey

Got 4 temperature sensors that i need to place inside my case -- one for the CPU, VGA, HDD and case. Any reccomendations as to how i should place them for each of these and where for the case sensor.
BTW i am not prepared to drill a hole in my cpu heatsink as i dont have the tools.

Thanks

for the CPU and GPU temp sensors u can try using thermal tape to stick it on underneath the block (if it all possible) as close as you can to the cpu or gpu without actually touching it.

Nice thought there -- but just had a look at the CPU heatsink and there is no chance of getting it real close to the cpu -- may just have to put it on the lowest point i can i guess -- but works for the VGA. HDD ive just on the HD but still dont know where in my case to put the case sensor or the CPU really

For the CPU temp probe, stick it on the back of the motherboard where the the CPU goes, and then cover it with some foam and tape. It will be about +/- 2°C. Same for the VGA.

I used to do this for my Prescott and I trusted it more than the onboard.

Back