• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget video card advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitchV

My uncle has an aging Dell system and he'd like to update his video card so his son (7-8 years old) can play some games - currently they are trying to play a Lord Of The Rings game.

He's got an AGP slot and according to Dell, his current card is an ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra GL. The minimum specs for the game require an ATI Radeon 8500 (that's older than what he has - right?).

Given that this is a Dell system, I don't want to recommend anything that draws too much power. Overclocking is out of the question. My preference is that he stick with ATI because I won't be able to help him clean up ATI drivers should he move to nVidia. It doesn't HAVE to be ATI... but that is my reason for preference.

I was looking at $50 and less video cards at New Egg. Here's what my search yielded: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...639+4025+1305520549&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Back