• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well I got a 7500 to test out, heres the score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Well yesterday I bought a 7500 cause I had to use my raincheck before it expired to get the deal. $200 Canadian ($130 US approx).

Here is my best 3D Mark2K1 score so far with these settings
AMD 1.2pc266 @1.42 (10x @142)
7500 @ 335/490 using ATI 3276 driver

http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2102326

This card is pretty decent for the $$. I think it can break the 5000 pt mark with better cooling. I had a tiny bit of tearing in the benchmark not much though. I have not done a time demo in UT yet but will do.

I am debating whether I will keep or return the card only because I feel my modded 64 DDR vivo is not far behind it. Engine speed yes ram speed not really. I will have to think about how much further this card would go with a crystal orb and ramsinks on it.

The ram runs fairly warm but not too hot too touch therefore I am thinking with a fan blowing on the card and ramsinks plus a crystal orb it should do 330-335 /500 which is pretty damn decent.

I am impressed with the engine clk speed it can obtain, hell default is 290 which is quite high.

cisco Kid
:D

Yeah it is good for $$$$

nick_cw said:
Sounds good for the $.

yeah gonna run some more tests see if it is that much better than my 64 DDR vivo, and if I can get a good price for my modded card then I will keep, got a month to play with it or I can return it

cisco kid:)

Yep

Well I expected this 7500 to beat an Ultra or I would not have considered buying it, but the Ultra is a great card.

I am debating whether I am gaining alot over my modded 64 DDR vivo running at 236/472 but will go higher with better case ventilation.

So far the card sems pretty fast, and I wonder what it would do with a crystal orb and ramsinks with a vantec slot cooler as well??

I am gonna test it more over the weekend in gaming, but what a monster of an engine clk at 330 and I am sure it will do 340 test reviews had em at 340. So my goal would be for a 335/500 overclock after a modification if I sell my 64 DDR vivo.

Cisco Kid:cool:

Warlord2 said:
you beat my gf2 ulta:(
oc 300/500

but that could be because of windows XP and a faster cpu

actaully, you have the faster cpu, and Xp doesnt give a performance boost, i found it stays abou the same, also try the 22.80 drivers to see if those work to get you a better score, gained me like 300 points on the 21.83s

oops=/

dont look at my sig:D

my system was clocked at 1.3 10X133 when I did it

I bet after I get my next mobo (kt266a) will get maybe even 5000 marks:)

the new 23.10s boosted my score to 3400 when oced to 230/445....im gonna oc to the values you see in my sig, and see whta kind of scores i amy get :)...

Quick Question

Anyone know what the ramspeed is on the 7500? Is it 4 or 4.5ns ram.

Cisco kid:)

Getting to the 5000 mark

Well I scored a 4802 on 3D mark2K1, and would have posted it but I could not connect to madonion server, grrr.

Card is starting to impress me more. It is really a Radeon 64 DDR with balls, thats what I say.

I think it will clk quite well with better cooling!!! We will see if I keep or just save for an 8500.

Cisco kid:)

Back