• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 @ 236FSB...what to expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockhatch

I have most of the parts to put my Intel rig back together. The system will be a P4P800E-Deluxe, 3.4e Pressy, 1GB CH5 hyper-x, x850xt, FSP 530, and a 74GB Raptor.

Just wondering where would be a good place to start timings/vdimm wise. The CPU should do 4GHz no prob, at 236FSB. What kind of timings and at what voltage will the CH5 run? Think It'll run 1:1? Im not sure what to expect out of CH5. Hopefully it wont take alot of volts to get decent speeds...not sure what the highest vdimm is on the P4P800 anyways...

stockhatch said:
I have most of the parts to put my Intel rig back together. The system will be a P4P800E-Deluxe, 3.4e Pressy, 1GB CH5 hyper-x, x850xt, FSP 530, and a 74GB Raptor.

Just wondering where would be a good place to start timings/vdimm wise. The CPU should do 4GHz no prob, at 236FSB. What kind of timings and at what voltage will the CH5 run? Think It'll run 1:1? Im not sure what to expect out of CH5. Hopefully it wont take alot of volts to get decent speeds...not sure what the highest vdimm is on the P4P800 anyways...

My CH5 did around 240, but couldn't achieve the timings like BH5 could. I believe you're limited to 2.85v on that board, which I would suggest using all of. At 236fsb, I think your ram will be at 2.5-3-3-8 or something around there. I wouldn't expect cas 2 out of it. Hope that helps.

Edit: Hyper-x used the best of the best CH5.

-Collin-

Back